Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-04-10 6:20 PM
in reply to: #2076334

User image

Apex, NC
Subject: RE: Locker room rant!
lisac957 - 2009-04-10 12:48 PM

A few weeks ago I come in from the pool to see a lady giving herself a full-blown HAIRCUT at the sink area in the locker room. She had cut a good 1-2 inches off her whole head, and the hair was everywhere... in the sink, all over the counter, on the floor.

When I got out of the shower she was scooping the hair off the floor with a paper towel. I can't make this stuff up.

Ah, that takes me back to college days. I was on the same dorm floor as most of the basketball team. Before Friday games they would cut each other's hair in the bathroom. Since it was Friday, there was no cleaning crew until Monday. So, there was a layer of black, curly hair that you would get to walk through after showering.

Somebody on the floor got tired of it, swept it up, put it into a paper bag, slid the open end of the bag under the door of two of the guys, and then stomped on the bag (the old dorm-flour trick).

It was the last time they cut hair in the bathroom.

2009-04-10 10:01 PM
in reply to: #2074224

Elite
Denver, Colorado
I have a theory. I suspect that the deodorant spray and naked old guy syndrome (NOGS) are related. After years of inhaling that stuff, the brain cells that control modesty have been killed off leading to NOGS.
2009-04-10 10:14 PM
in reply to: #2075066

User image

Champion
MA
nscrbug - 2009-04-09 8:39 PM We have a big problem with heavily perfumed/cologned gym members. It never fails, that no matter how much I try to avoid them...they almost inevitably end up next to me on a piece of equipment. Kind of kills your rhythm running on the dreadmill, when you have to take in a whiff of somebody's eye-watering, choke-inducing stench. Major pet-peeve of mine!

Yesterday I was finishing up my 9 mile run on the treadmill, and this young guy gets on the treadmill next to me and I was overwhelmed by some strong scent...I wanted to say Dude if you think women find that attractive think again..its gagging me....but I kept my mouth shut and finished my run.

I swear I'm the bad smelling magnet at the gym and all the stinky people pick the treadmill next to mine.

When someone has been swimming a few laps and their smell is still coming off them I wonder how much of that stinky stuff did you put on. Worst time is when all the old ladies come in for their aqua aerobics class...old women must not have a sense of smell and the pre-pool showers don't happen for them.

I'm running in the morning....wonder how I'll fair.
2009-04-10 10:31 PM
in reply to: #2076473

User image

Master
PA
m55morris - 2009-04-10 1:25 PM
gopennstate - 2009-04-10 12:19 PM
olliedawg - 2009-04-10 1:11 PM

I have to say, I'm pretty dissapointed in the all of my BT brothers for not jumping all over this. I mean Shortknee1 just lobbed this lotion-lady visual and for almost 2 hours, no one took a swing. I guess everyone is over at CoJ... oh well.

you're going to have to turn this thread around if you want them to pull naked tri-hottie lathering herself w/ lotion outta that.

Yeah I was seeing a wrinkled old lady, with skin flapping in the wind rubbing her favorite lotion in.  I am not so sure how that is much better than the old dude air drying while getting final stretch in.  Kind of danged if you do and danged if you don't type of situation.  Both of which leave you searching for a hot object to poke your eyes out with.  At my gym there are a couple of gyms who spend 15 minutes air drying and they get in some of their stretchs in at that time.  Lets just say walking around the corner and nearly running into someone doing a hanging hammy stretch scars you for life.

Wait a minute.  Am I reading this right?  Are you saying some old dude is stretching, in the locker room, naked?  No way.
2009-04-10 10:34 PM
in reply to: #2077564

User image

Expert
gopennstate - 2009-04-10 11:31 PM
m55morris - 2009-04-10 1:25 PM
gopennstate - 2009-04-10 12:19 PM
olliedawg - 2009-04-10 1:11 PM

I have to say, I'm pretty dissapointed in the all of my BT brothers for not jumping all over this. I mean Shortknee1 just lobbed this lotion-lady visual and for almost 2 hours, no one took a swing. I guess everyone is over at CoJ... oh well.

you're going to have to turn this thread around if you want them to pull naked tri-hottie lathering herself w/ lotion outta that.

Yeah I was seeing a wrinkled old lady, with skin flapping in the wind rubbing her favorite lotion in.  I am not so sure how that is much better than the old dude air drying while getting final stretch in.  Kind of danged if you do and danged if you don't type of situation.  Both of which leave you searching for a hot object to poke your eyes out with.  At my gym there are a couple of gyms who spend 15 minutes air drying and they get in some of their stretchs in at that time.  Lets just say walking around the corner and nearly running into someone doing a hanging hammy stretch scars you for life.

Wait a minute.  Am I reading this right?  Are you saying some old dude is stretching, in the locker room, naked?  No way.

Older men seem to have a "thing" for this.  I've seen it too.  They get the Iggy Pop IDGAF attitude.  Kudos, but gross.
2009-04-10 10:36 PM
in reply to: #2077541

User image

Spanish Fork, UT
MikeTheBear - 2009-04-10 9:01 PM I have a theory. I suspect that the deodorant spray and naked old guy syndrome (NOGS) are related. After years of inhaling that stuff, the brain cells that control modesty have been killed off leading to NOGS.

NOGS...that needs to be on a t-shirt.  I can't wait to be old.

2009-04-10 10:59 PM

Extreme Veteran
Whoever said the comment about the Axe spray is dead on, that stuff spreads throughout my entire school locker room, and disagrees with my nose somethin awful.  Its always the same offenders too, and boy do they love to POUR it on....
2009-04-11 7:53 AM

New user

This sums up my position on Axe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjAJB8gULZo&feature=related

"... the name needs to dominate; I dominate!"

I also wonder why people don't wear flip-flops or shower shoes in the showers.  I would think the constant sniffing, hawking, spitting, etc. would give away the many reasons why you wouldn't want your feet to have contact with that tile.

2009-04-11 8:01 AM
in reply to: #2077564

User image

gopennstate - 2009-04-10 11:31 PM

Yes. They also dry the dangly bits with the head-high mounted hand dryers and they strike up conversations while they do all of these things. It makes for an interesting locker room experience.
2009-04-11 8:04 AM
in reply to: #2077576

User image

Jon311024 - 2009-04-10 11:59 PM

Whoever said the comment about the Axe spray is dead on, that stuff spreads throughout my entire school locker room, and disagrees with my nose somethin awful.  Its always the same offenders too, and boy do they love to POUR it on....

I've got a 16 year old who apparently thinks that chicks in Australia need to be able to smell him from here. I open his windows and put a fan blowing OUT in one of them for about 10 minutes before I open his door to the house. I would rather spend a little extra on heat/A/C than have my nose burned out.

I think the smell is going to soak into the rug in the room above his, though. This could be bad.
2009-04-11 9:57 AM
in reply to: #2077774

User image

Master
PA
DanielG - 2009-04-11 9:01 AM
gopennstate - 2009-04-10 11:31 PM Wait a minute.  Am I reading this right?  Are you saying some old dude is stretching, in the locker room, naked?  No way.
Yes. They also dry the dangly bits with the head-high mounted hand dryers and they strike up conversations while they do all of these things. It makes for an interesting locker room experience.

i just can't believe it.  naked stretching in a public locker room.  drying stuff that i would think a towel would do the trick & talking all through it!  i could not be more thrilled that i am a chick.  this conversation has been eye-opening & entertaining to say the least!  

2009-04-11 12:01 PM

User image

Elite
Alturas, California
Some lady got in the pool the other day and half the swim team started twitching and went belly up for about 5 minutes.  The water tasted really bad she must have used a whole bottle.  The pool was fowled several lanes away for like 20 min.  There is a difference between a lil perfume and killing fish. 
2009-04-11 2:54 PM
in reply to: #2074594

User image

Expert
Decatur
kram2692 - 2009-04-09 4:25 PM
I thought this was going to be about sitting on the locker room bench while naked or something...

This is another thing that must go.  Get in, get out, and don't "hang" around.

heh heh...he said hang.

2009-04-11 3:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Northern Virginia
It's not just the women and lotion. Some guy put his foot up on the bench behind me the other day and started the spreading it on his legs. I am pretty sure he had on a towel, but didn't turn around to see. Just way to close.
2009-04-11 3:54 PM

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete
The shower that you are supposed to take before getting in the pool isn't to remove that fungal growth from under your toe nail, or the bacteria in your 'junk'.  The chlorine will take care of that.  The shower helps to rinse off body powder, hair gel/spray, cologne, deodorant/anti-perspirant, and all of the other crappola that we Americans use to mask our natural, human scent.

I dint know that there was a protocol for behavior in the locker room.  I like to run around naked, banging on a pot yelling, "OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA!"

Edited by pga_mike 2009-04-11 3:56 PM
2009-04-11 4:17 PM
in reply to: #2078285

Elite
Denver, Colorado
pga_mike - 2009-04-11 3:54 PM

I dint know that there was a protocol for behavior in the locker room.  I like to run around naked, banging on a pot yelling, "OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA, OKLAHOMA!"

Dude...

Edited by MikeTheBear 2009-04-11 4:17 PM

2009-04-11 5:24 PM
in reply to: #2075008

User image

Regular
Calgary
SevenZulu - 2009-04-09 6:06 PM
gopennstate - 2009-04-09 3:50 PM I've never seen a female use spray deodorant in the locker room.  Ever.  

I've never seen a woman sit naked on a locker room bench reading.  Ever.

What's with the dudes?  

I like to sit naked on the locker room bench reading a paper and spraying my underarms with deodorant every time someone walks by.  It's nice to say 'hi' to them, and talk about the Brazilian body fungus problem that I can't seem to resolve.  Eventually, when the can is empty, I'll put on my swimsuit, wander out to the pool, and hop in without taking a shower.  I usually pick a lane that already full with the best swimmers.  Then I start swimming right down the middle and crash into anybody already in the lane, at which point I jerk my head up and yell at them "WTF are you blind?  I've been a member here since day one, and this is MY f-ing lane, so MOVE over."  Once I get to the deep end of the lane, I start my aquajogging.  It's great aquajogging, because while I do that I can yell out stroke advice to the swimmers in the adjacent lanes -- "Higher elbows babe, but lookin gooood except for that.  You look phaaaaat in that suit of yours."  Once I've given stroke advice to everyone in the pool, then I head down to the wall and wait for people to push off.  I time my push-off right before theirs, and I beat them in a 25-yard sprint.  Then I stand at the end and flex my muscles for a couple minutes, then push off right ahead of them again, but this time I stare at them underwater the entire length.

I like my gym, and the people there love me.

Before swimming, I like putting on some bandaids, even though I don't need them. I see how many laps I can do before they come off. When one comes off, I see if I can do a lap before it touches the bottom. I think the other people sharing my lane or in the lanes next to me play the same game and really appreciate that I wear all those bandaids!
2009-04-11 8:48 PM

User image

O.K., if you have a weak stomach, don't read this one. After finishing my workout at my gym, I was getting undressed to enter the shower, not individual stalls, but multiple shower heads, and I hear the distinctive sound of a guy shooting snot rockets! (Place finger on one nostril and blow hard through the other). Glad I had my shower shoes on that day.
2009-04-11 9:12 PM
in reply to: #2078383

Vancouver, BC
dmckeen - 2009-04-11 3:24 PM
Before swimming, I like putting on some bandaids, even though I don't need them. I see how many laps I can do before they come off. When one comes off, I see if I can do a lap before it touches the bottom. I think the other people sharing my lane or in the lanes next to me play the same game and really appreciate that I wear all those bandaids!

I like putting toilet paper in the pool to watch it curl and move as I swim by it. Other not-so-artistic people don't seem to like it.
2009-04-11 10:20 PM
in reply to: #2078054

User image

Expert
Fort Worth, Texas

Baowolf - 2009-04-11 12:01 PM Some lady got in the pool the other day and half the swim team started twitching and went belly up for about 5 minutes.  The water tasted really bad she must have used a whole bottle.  The pool was fowled several lanes away for like 20 min.  There is a difference between a lil perfume and killing fish. 

I think I'd rather have someone pee a little in the pool, even if I know it, than have to deal (again) with this problem.  Sometimes my swims at the Y overlap with the old betties water aerobics.  Nasty oil slicks on the water.  Funny thing, though, there are still 75 y.o. dudes strutting around in their speedos/jammers thinking they're all that.

2009-04-12 12:25 AM
in reply to: #2077907

User image

Master
Portland, Oregon
gopennstate - 2009-04-11 7:57 AM
DanielG - 2009-04-11 9:01 AM
gopennstate - 2009-04-10 11:31 PM Wait a minute.  Am I reading this right?  Are you saying some old dude is stretching, in the locker room, naked?  No way.

i just can't believe it.  naked stretching in a public locker room.  drying stuff that i would think a towel would do the trick & talking all through it!  i could not be more thrilled that i am a chick.  this conversation has been eye-opening & entertaining to say the least!  

You should drop by the gym I used to go to. All the old overweight asian grammas thought they needed to wear their giant nylon granny panties while they were in the hot tub. Never could figure that out. Wet nylon panties do not hide anything no matter if they are a size 48. 

Several other ladies felt that it was important to wrap a towel around their waist over the top of their swimsuits in order to sit in the hot tub. This seemed very odd to me as they had just walked in from the coed swimming pool where they had been swimming in the swimsuit alone. The towel was dry so they couldn't have been swimming with it. and they didn't wrap it around them during the walk from pool to locker room hot tub, but it was always carefully wrapped about the waist before getting into the hot tub.

I also didn't understand the lady that invariably used at least 10 (yes, ten) towels to dry and cover her 5 year old. Two went on the floor. One towel around the bottom half of the kid while the top half of the kid was being dried with another, then were tossed as they were "dirty" and another set of clean ones used to wrap the top half of the kid while drying the bottom half. Yet another wrapped around the kid's hair. At least one would always drop on the floor (which was completely covered by the first two towels) but would then be 'dirty' so another one had to be used. Then while mom dried off (only 5 towels, but she couldn't use the ones that the kid had stepped on), the kid was wrapped in three towels to wait - hair, top half, bottom half.  Thank gawd she only had the one kid. No one else would have ever had a towel.

2009-04-12 2:33 PM

At my place the same three naked 80 year old dudes I see at the beginning my workout, reading the paper and shooting the bull, are still sitting reading and conversing at the end of my workout--naked as spring chickens.  I think all they do is sit in the steam room, shave (naked), and shoot poorly aimed puffs of baby powder at their nether-regions--most of which ends up on the floor.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Locker room rant! Rss Feed  

of 3