The Crescent City Fitness foundation
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 13m 30s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up, drove across ridiculously long Causeway bridge. Ate banana & protein bar. Listened to Rob gripe about me forcing him to wake up and do the race ;)
Event warmup:

Does standing in line for port-o-lets count? Otherwise just ran from port-o-let to race start (13 minutes after start time due to long potty line).
Run
  • 1h 13m 30s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 11m 50s  min/mile
Comments:

As usual, started too hard - trying to sprint past all of the walkers and idiots pushing strollers. Was doing quicker than 9 min mile at some points when I looked down the first mile or two just trying to break free of the walker pack. That's what I get for starting 13 minutes after race start, I guess.
What would you do differently?:

Not start late. Better pacing in the beginning (I always say that).
Post race
Warm down:

Walked a bit past finish line and met up with Rob. Hung out on the grassy knoll for a bit waiting for "Fabricio" to come get a cell phone that his friend dropped at the finish line.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I'm a slow lard @ss. Idiots pushing strollers.

Event comments:

A fun race. The usually lunacy on Esplanade Avenue with spectators handing out beer and jello shots and God knows what else. As always, lots of people dressed in costumes - plenty of bunny rabbits. One guy was a big human fleur de lis made out of styrofoam. Could not have been fun to run in that. Saw one guy dressed like an Imperial Death Star general - totally black wardrobe from head to toe - long sleeves, too - like some kind of jacket and he was wearing knee-high leather boots. Kah-ray-zee. But I always find myself chuckling several times along the course just taking in all of the fun sights and sounds. It's definitely one of the most fun / festive road races there is.

Last updated: 2008-12-04 12:00 AM
Running
01:13:30 | 06.21 miles | 11m 50s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Starts in the French Quarter, goes down Poydras and Esplanade in to City Park. Totally flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-04-11 1:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Covington (New Orleans), La
Subject: Crescent City Classic

2009-04-11 7:34 PM
in reply to: #2078124

User image

Veteran
Carencro, Louisiana
Subject: RE: Crescent City Classic
Great job!  There are too many strollers and slow walkers.  It was also way too crowded at the end field.  But everyone looked like they were having fun.  We had fun!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Crescent City Classic Rss Feed