Rooney's Pub
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 28m 15s
Overall Rank = 317/750
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 27/44
Pre-race routine:

Got the kids up and out the house by 6:30am. Ate a Clif Bar and had a power bat gel pack with 2x caffein. sipped on gatorade drive down.
Event warmup:

Had a chance to maybe do 3-4 minute jog 15 minutes before... Went to rest room and walk ro starting line. Met up with my special needs partner and we talked for a while... more later.
Run
  • 28m 12s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

Had a FUN run. This wss 1st time I had ran with a task at hand outside of own race and really enjoyed it. My partner was a 16 year old Autisic high schooler who runs cross-country and is very outgoing:) I knew I would have to push him and also tell myself to take it easy as well. He said hello to EVERY runner and asked them what they all had for breakfast... I laughed often and it was a very refreshing approach on race day. He would slow and speed up, sometimes walk, take in water, tell me it was hot, where was his dad, which leg hurt more, etc... I had never held more than 1 or 2 word conversations with anyone before in a race. usally was a "on your left" or good race, nice form etc... This race we were having great conversation with everyone. I am in no way a FOPer, but ussually can run competitive 5k. This time we were further back and I have to say MOB and BOP runners may be a bit slower, but have way more fun!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing! It was a fun race with several friends out there. Good buddy came in 2nd in AG and that was great. I think I could have gotten my partner to push it more, but tough to tell and always prefer to error on side of caution.
Post race
Warm down:

Since did not push it, I felt like a million $$$!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

It was a tempting day to have a PR, but the cause was much bigger driver. Plus I have two races next 2 weeks and good idea I didn't push it.

Event comments:

Rooney's did another great job hosting event! Will look forward to many years to come. Lot of respect for my partner and he showed me a few things along the way...

Last updated: 2009-04-05 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:12 | 03.1 miles | 09m 06s  min/mile
Age Group: 27/44
Overall: 317/750
Performance: Good
Course: Pretty easy course to set PR on. Very straight up and back course! Through streets of Abacoa
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes