BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Bill's House of Pain-No Vacancy Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 26

2009-07-16 7:42 AM
in reply to: #2079373

User image

Veteran
Sarasota FL
Subject: RE: Bill's House of Pain-No Vacancy
Nose to the grindstone Bill.  Protecting your income with education is important.

Midseason report
I've done 4 races, and have at least 3 left.
Each race has gotten faster, so that's meeting my goal.
My body has gotten a whole lot better looking.  Plus I hardly drink alcohol anymore.
Training:
Swim: Mostly just keep it where it's at, which is great.
Bike: My current weakest.  I'm trying to ride at a faster mph during training.
Run: Training time = speed.  So I'm just slowly ramping up training distance.  But sub-9 miles is enough to keep me happy.

My wife has begun to train as well, with the intention of completing the 7/26 Heartland Sprint with me in Sebring.  This is probably the best news of the season.

This forum has been great, I really appreciate Bill and everyone's help.
steve

2009-07-16 2:47 PM

User image

Expert
Timmins, ON. Canada
I fell off the bandwagon due to concentrating on the course I am on. The stress got to me, my nutrition went to crap and my clothes started to get a little tighter.

Today I actually utilized the gym at work after I finished my Simulator run (picture 6-46 inch LCD put together forming a 180 degree view out the tower at an airport, pretty cool) and it felt great. I really hope to get back on track and finish one Sprint Distance race this year, possibly two.

My whole idea was to stay healthy in body and keep my mind sharp, but through jamming croissants (from the free breakfast buffet at the hotel I am living at for the next 4 months) down my throat and eating out 3-4 times a week. I fell into a weird zombie like haze of studying,eating, and sleeping. Although the course is going well this is not how I wanted it to go.

I still appreciate all the support here guys and congrats to everyone meeting and exceeding their goals, hopefully I will be able to get things inline here and rock out like you guys all are.

Justin
2009-07-17 7:27 AM

New user
Gautier, MS
I guess I would grade myself out at a "B" for mid-term.  I've done a pretty good job of staying consistent with my training and have done well (in my terms) in my first two triathlons this year.  I've also squeezed in an adventure race, a 10K, and several 5K's so I've stayed pretty busy with a race every month or so.  I've found that I train better if I have a race on the horizon...keeps me motivated.  I've got one or two more tri's this year and will likely do a half marathon in November with my brother-in-law and his wife. 

I'm pretty happy with where I am on my base fitness, at least for sprint distance races.  I need to build up a little more before my Oly in September, but I think I'll be fine.  I've managed to avoid any serious injuries, but have fought off many nagging injuries over the last 5 months or so.  Is it just me, or does everyone always has something sore or hurting from the knees down.  I haven't had anything that would stop me from running or biking, but it seems like between sore knees, shin splints, tight calves/achilies, or sore feet there is always something nagging at my legs.  I got fitted for running shoes a few weeks ago hoping it might help, but I think it has made things worse.  I'm not sure what is going on....

I can certainly say I have learned alot about this sport over the last few months, and have realized that I have a TON more to learn.  This website and the forums have certainly been the best tool for me as a beginner.  Thanks to Bill and everyone else for all of the information and motivation.  

I guess I need to get to work...  
2009-07-17 11:05 AM

User image

Regular
Jacksonville
Man, I just typed up a big response on my iPhone, and then it freaked out and I couldn't post it, so now you get the bulleted synopsis.

1. I have lost 15 lbs or so this year. I get complimented all the time on looking trim, and I feel absolutely GREAT.

2. Finished my 1st sprint, I have one more sprint and an OLY planned for this year. I am 100% hooked on not only training, but the entire lifestyle that this sport promotes. I drink less, eat better, and just want to train all the time. I can't wait to get faster and build better endurance. I want to go run the Oceanside 70.3 in March for my 30th birthday.

3. I have to get a little more up here later, gotta go catch my flight to Hawaii.

All in all, I couldn't be happier right now. Period.
2009-07-17 8:33 PM
in reply to: #2288768

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

I'm feeling like my season is long over.  I just can't seem to find the spark anymore.  Is it the heat and humidity, is it the anti-climax after finishing the HIM, or is it my new-found fear of OWS -- I don't know!  I'm trying hard to get my mojo back, but it's escaped me so far.  But... I'm racing a 5K tomorrow (running is my first love), and I'm hoping to get the fire back.  (And it's time to quit whining!)

Bill, I think you have been a great mentor!  All of the positive comments you sent my way when I was doubting my capability to complete the HIM held me up.  All of the constructive points you gave me got me through it.  All of the encouragement and advice you gave me made me able to smile my way through the race.  And now I can say that I've actually accomplished such a feat -- and a lot of it is due to you!  So THANKS!!!!

2009-07-19 10:14 PM

User image

Regular
Jacksonville
Hey everyone, just wanted to say Aloha from Waikiki. I can't lie, I've only ran once here, but did a few hours of snorkling today. Really makes me wish fins were legal in races! I'm going for a run in the morning then tackling the surf for some OWS before the luau. Hope you all are still training hard. Don't worry, I'll be back to reality on Friday...

2009-07-20 7:55 AM
in reply to: #2295101

User image

Elite
Texas
gran - 2009-07-19 10:14 PM Hey everyone, just wanted to say Aloha from Waikiki. I can't lie, I've only ran once here, but did a few hours of snorkling today. Really makes me wish fins were legal in races! I'm going for a run in the morning then tackling the surf for some OWS before the luau. Hope you all are still training hard. Don't worry, I'll be back to reality on Friday...

Enjoy yourself. Funny about the fins. I'm guessing you've heard about the guy who got busted with fins at Ironman Florida a couple of years ago. Seems like he had the same idea but took it a step further...
2009-07-20 11:14 AM

New user

I AM A TRIATHLETE, (A SLOW ONE) BUT NONETHELESS, I AM OFFICIALLY A TRIATHLETE. I finished my first sprint triathlon yesterday. Thanks to Bill and the House of Pain for all the support, encouragement and answering all my questions. You guys have been my virtual training partners/coaches.

Here’s my race report with times and comments:

Race: Harbor Lights Sprint (Run was 4 miles)
Weather: cloudy 68 degrees (nice weather for a race)

Swim (1/2 Mile):
Time: 18:10
Water was CRAZY cold, 58 degrees. Announcer said it was by far the coldest water temp since the inception of the race. Imagine taking a bowl of water filled with ice cubes and putting your face in it. I was the 3rd to last guy out of the water in my wave. About 4 others in my wave bailed on the race because of the cold water. I could not do the freestyle stroke I’ve been training with because I couldn’t stick my face in the water. Every time I would try, I would start to hyperventilate so I pretty much did the front crawl with my head out the whole time. I was in wave 8 because I had signed up at packet pick up on Saturday and that was the last men’s wave which was 60+ guys and lots of over flow of guys about my age. I didn’t stop once but the girls in wave 9 and 10 caught me by the half way point in a hurry. Lesson: I need hours of more OWS time and technique refinement.

T1:
Time: 4:38
Uneventful, I was happy to have made it but kind of down on myself for being almost the last guy out of the water. I slowly jogged to transition because I wanted my heart rate to come down and not screw anything up like getting on my bike with the wet suit on. At this point, I started to feel like I had to pee really bad and this would become an issue for the rest of the race. All and all I, was happy with my T1, perhaps I could have knocked off a minute if I didn’t take my time as much as I had but I wanted this part of the tri at least to be mistake free. The Youtube videos of how to set up a transition area were really helpful.

Bike (13.2 miles):
Time: 47:22
I may have been able to push it a little harder and perhaps shaved a minute or two but kept hearing in my head, “relax, you need to run 4 miles after this, the goal is to just finish”. However, when I would hear, “on your left”, which I did at least 50 times, I’d look to see the kind of bike they had, if it was a mountain bike or hybrid, I’d blast them. There was no way at the very least, that I was going to get beat with the same equipment I had, especially a knobby fat tire mountain bike. Still feeling the need to pee and actually thought once if I should stop and use the port-a-potty at transition. Lesson: Unless I get a tri bike or road bike, I’ll never be much faster than this time.

T2:
Time: 2:09
Nice and smooth. No issues with putting socks on or anything. I’m glad I took the advice from you guys and purchased the zip laces.

Run (4 miles):
Time: 39:03
I was happy to make it to this point but started to feel it in the legs big time but didn’t stop or walk once. I think I could have gone a little faster if I didn’t need to pee as badly as I did. I saw a guy during mile 2 duck behind the bushes and go and thought about doing the same but decided against it. I wanted to sprint to the end but didn’t have it in me. I was like a car running out of gas a block away from the gas station. Lesson: If I want to get faster, I need to do more interval training and run more often with people faster than me.

My Total Time: 1:51:19
Total Average Time: 1:36:00
Division Place (M3539): 91/93
Sex Place: 481/515
Overall: 708/807

All and all, I had a fantastic time and feel pretty proud of myself for doing it and finishing. I need to adjust and monitor the amount of fluids that I drink prior to the race.

I’m looking forward to the Chicago Triathlon.  I did hear from a few others that I chatted with at the race that it’s kind of a zoo and people come out of the wood work to do this race and to be careful. 

Joe

2009-07-20 11:36 AM

User image

Elite
Texas
Great work Joe!

Getting one under your belt helps tremendously when it comes to planning for the next race(s). Now that you know what to expect you can direct your training toward what you want to work on to improve. The great thing about this sport is no one ever runs out of areas to improve, so you can stay fresh and maintain focus is you put your mind to it. Way to go man!
2009-07-20 12:21 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Mid year report!

Training: Coming off a bit of a lul but I think it has helped as far as giving a mental and physical break. I feel completely ready to jump back into full gear and reach my goals each week. Which wil be to at least complete 400 minutes of training per week. Average at 50 miles on the bike over the week-ends. manage to swim 3 times a week and Keep iomproving on my running endurance.

Weightloss: Still creeping down slowly but surely. Last week was at 150 down from 178 at the end of February( almost out of the Athena category) I have not been under 150 since Freshman year of highschool probably. But I feel great and all my co-workers have noticed my transformation as well. Finally broke down and bought a new pair of jeans that don't fall off of me.

And there is a new addition to my family! a 14 week old chihuahua/schnauzer mix Scooter who keeps me on my toes but is definitely my new best friend!

(SANY0238_0007.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
SANY0238_0007.jpg (68KB - 5 downloads)
2009-07-20 1:39 PM
in reply to: #2296263

User image

Elite
Texas
etselec444 - 2009-07-20 12:21 PM Mid year report!

Training: Coming off a bit of a lul but I think it has helped as far as giving a mental and physical break. I feel completely ready to jump back into full gear and reach my goals each week. Which wil be to at least complete 400 minutes of training per week. Average at 50 miles on the bike over the week-ends. manage to swim 3 times a week and Keep iomproving on my running endurance.

Weightloss: Still creeping down slowly but surely. Last week was at 150 down from 178 at the end of February( almost out of the Athena category) I have not been under 150 since Freshman year of highschool probably. But I feel great and all my co-workers have noticed my transformation as well. Finally broke down and bought a new pair of jeans that don't fall off of me.

And there is a new addition to my family! a 14 week old chihuahua/schnauzer mix Scooter who keeps me on my toes but is definitely my new best friend!

AWESOME.

2009-07-20 2:13 PM

User image

Regular
Jacksonville
Congrats Joe! Awesome job!!
2009-07-22 12:45 AM

User image

Master
Hamilton, Victoria
Congrats Joe on a great first Tri. Don't envy the swim leg mate.
2009-07-22 12:55 AM

User image

Master
Hamilton, Victoria
A little update....

I have had amixed couple of months lately. I am behind my target for weight loss I set myself back in March. I am currently 8 pounds off the pace. I could give a score of reason why, but the simple fact is I got lazy. End result is that I missed one of my short-term goals - to weigh 270 by July 22nd. Good news is I am back into a solid routine and the numbers are heading in the right direction again. More importantly I am getting fitter and stronger.

After some nervous waiting I finally got accepted into my 'A' Race for the year. It 'sold out' in two days and I was placed on a waiting list. End result is I got an email offering me a place last week and I accepted and now I am locked in. Even better news is that the category offered was Clydesdale and not AG which I am happy about.

I have struggled recently with, what I believe to be shin splints, so my run volume is way down, however I have improved my aerobic capacity from the swimming and biking and I am confident that I can build a solid base when I get running again.

All-in-all not a bad result. I am actually very happy that I am still this motivated after 16 weeks. Previously I have not fared so well.

2009-07-22 5:55 AM
in reply to: #2300679

User image

Elite
Texas
Iron_Gus - 2009-07-22 12:55 AM A little update....

I have had amixed couple of months lately. I am behind my target for weight loss I set myself back in March. I am currently 8 pounds off the pace. I could give a score of reason why, but the simple fact is I got lazy. End result is that I missed one of my short-term goals - to weigh 270 by July 22nd. Good news is I am back into a solid routine and the numbers are heading in the right direction again. More importantly I am getting fitter and stronger.

After some nervous waiting I finally got accepted into my 'A' Race for the year. It 'sold out' in two days and I was placed on a waiting list. End result is I got an email offering me a place last week and I accepted and now I am locked in. Even better news is that the category offered was Clydesdale and not AG which I am happy about.

I have struggled recently with, what I believe to be shin splints, so my run volume is way down, however I have improved my aerobic capacity from the swimming and biking and I am confident that I can build a solid base when I get running again.

All-in-all not a bad result. I am actually very happy that I am still this motivated after 16 weeks. Previously I have not fared so well.

Glad to see you back at it Gus!

I've found year over year consistency is more important for REAL weight loss. A few months off-course do not in themselves create an insurmountable backslide. In fact sometimes the rest that comes from the time off can be the silver-lining to what feels like a mistake. Just take it in stride. Having a race on the short-term horizon can help tremendously when it comes to focus.

As for the shin splints, be sure to take plenty of time to warm up before run training. That muscle (anterior tibialis) at the front of the lower leg has a comaratively limited blood supply and outflow so it takes longer to warm up than the other load-impacted muscles of the lower leg. I saw 100's of cases of shin splints in the military. They always result from an increase in training volume without enough recovery. The earlier you catch them the better. The good news is you can bike and swim. The not so good news is it's probably a good idea to avoid running until you are pain free for 10 days. If they don't hurt whilst walking you can start counting today. If not, give a few days of walking, stretching (and range of motion exercises for the foot and ankle) and ice them down a few times a day. A good way to do this is to fill some paper cups about 3/4 full with water and freeze them. Once frozen you can peel away the paper as needed to massage the shins with the ice.

Good luck with it. I had a bad case in my first year of college playing football on artificial turf. The trainer told me to shut up and come back when I had bone protruding through the skin. Not a great approach... it took me a year to get over it. Since then I've had maybe 4 or 5 minor flare-ups and I always addressed them early and they went away in fairly short order...
2009-07-22 6:18 AM

User image

Elite
Texas
Anoyone else glued to the television watching the Tour de France?

Talk about a change in lifestyle. I used to be able to get up on a Saturday morning and watch college football for 12 hours and then watch 2 or 3 pro games on Sunday. I haven't watched a complete football game in years. Not even the entire Super Bowl.

I've been watching the Tour every day, often much of the live show before work and the replay afterward. Crazy. Next year will be ever more interesting with Lance and Yohan leaving Astana (and Contador) behind to seek out a new team.

I know it's wrong to compare measure my cycling ability against what these guys do. In fact, it's almost like I'd need a completely different scale to do that (maybe centimeters to meters is a good analogy). But when I really think about it, what creates the majority of the difference between "us" and "them" is the work they put in. Sure there are riders in the peleton who have a genetic predisposition to be superior athletes. But I'd submit that there are more riders who simply put in the time and effort year after year after year to get where they are. And THAT makes me feel better about it. I'll never be as fast or have that kind of endurance, but what's really cool about watching these guys is it lets you see the outer limits of human performance and realize there is in effect, for the rest of us virtually unlimited potential to improve with time and effort put into training. I'll never have the time on my bike that they do. It's their job to ride a bike. But whatever time I do put into it will pay dividends. I've been lucky to see a local friend become an Ironman World Champion in her age group. Seeing her make the gains she's made over the past couple of years have given me an example of the changes that come about from consistent, focused training.

Watching the Tour makes me want to ride my bike. A lot.

2009-07-22 6:37 AM
in reply to: #2300768

User image

Expert
Shalimar, FL

Bill - 2009-07-22 6:18 AM Anoyone else glued to the television watching the Tour de France?

Talk about a change in lifestyle. I used to be able to get up on a Saturday morning and watch college football for 12 hours and then watch 2 or 3 pro games on Sunday. I haven't watched a complete football game in years. Not even the entire Super Bowl.

I've been watching the Tour every day, often much of the live show before work and the replay afterward. Crazy. Next year will be ever more interesting with Lance and Yohan leaving Astana (and Contador) behind to seek out a new team.

I know it's wrong to compare measure my cycling ability against what these guys do. In fact, it's almost like I'd need a completely different scale to do that (maybe centimeters to meters is a good analogy). But when I really think about it, what creates the majority of the difference between "us" and "them" is the work they put in. Sure there are riders in the peleton who have a genetic predisposition to be superior athletes. But I'd submit that there are more riders who simply put in the time and effort year after year after year to get where they are. And THAT makes me feel better about it. I'll never be as fast or have that kind of endurance, but what's really cool about watching these guys is it lets you see the outer limits of human performance and realize there is in effect, for the rest of us virtually unlimited potential to improve with time and effort put into training. I'll never have the time on my bike that they do. It's their job to ride a bike. But whatever time I do put into it will pay dividends. I've been lucky to see a local friend become an Ironman World Champion in her age group. Seeing her make the gains she's made over the past couple of years have given me an example of the changes that come about from consistent, focused training.

Watching the Tour makes me want to ride my bike. A lot.

Well said Bill!  I've been so glued to the tv that I'm not getting enough sleep!  It's just crazy, but very exciting to watch.  Of course my husband just doesn't get it.

Your analysis of what it takes to be the best is dead on.  You can't expect results without putting in the time, and even with a genetic predisposition a person can take himself to a higher achievement level.  Watching inspires me in biking and running -- not so much in swimming, though.

2009-07-22 4:38 PM

User image

Veteran
Sarasota FL
Sorry if this post is a little "gushy"

So I was going back through our thread here to look up "lock laces" as recommended by Aaron "jeepfleeb"

Wow.  Try reading the first 10 pages.

I've made such huge improvements compared to where I was when the mentoring started up.

Thanks to everyone with all the advice, esp. Bill.

My wife has started in, we race the Heartland sprint this sunday.  The improvements in my appearance and health impressed her enough she hopped onto training of her own volition.

I love this stuff.  Even after 9 months, I'm not bored or "going through the paces."  I'm still looking at gear, still planning each week's training, still reading the forums on BT.

Awesome.

Cheers,
steve

Edited by EvenOlder 2009-07-22 4:41 PM
2009-07-23 9:09 AM
in reply to: #2300749

User image

Master
Hamilton, Victoria
Bill - 2009-07-22 8:55 PM
Iron_Gus - 2009-07-22 12:55 AM A little update....

Glad to see you back at it Gus!

I've found year over year consistency is more important for REAL weight loss. A few months off-course do not in themselves create an insurmountable backslide. In fact sometimes the rest that comes from the time off can be the silver-lining to what feels like a mistake. Just take it in stride. Having a race on the short-term horizon can help tremendously when it comes to focus.

As for the shin splints, be sure to take plenty of time to warm up before run training. That muscle (anterior tibialis) at the front of the lower leg has a comaratively limited blood supply and outflow so it takes longer to warm up than the other load-impacted muscles of the lower leg. I saw 100's of cases of shin splints in the military. They always result from an increase in training volume without enough recovery. The earlier you catch them the better. The good news is you can bike and swim. The not so good news is it's probably a good idea to avoid running until you are pain free for 10 days. If they don't hurt whilst walking you can start counting today. If not, give a few days of walking, stretching (and range of motion exercises for the foot and ankle) and ice them down a few times a day. A good way to do this is to fill some paper cups about 3/4 full with water and freeze them. Once frozen you can peel away the paper as needed to massage the shins with the ice.

Good luck with it. I had a bad case in my first year of college playing football on artificial turf. The trainer told me to shut up and come back when I had bone protruding through the skin. Not a great approach... it took me a year to get over it. Since then I've had maybe 4 or 5 minor flare-ups and I always addressed them early and they went away in fairly short order...

Thanks for the advice Bill. I have been pain free when walking for a few days. I have been very careful to warm up properly also. I have made the decision to rest for a week or so (from running) and then gently and gradually try to increase my volume. I am a little worried that I will not be able to recover and then build a decent base before my Olympic Tri in November. I will let you all know how I get on.
2009-07-25 2:37 PM

User image

Regular
Jacksonville
So God welcomed me back to TX with kids that don't care about jet lag and a chain that broke as soon as I tried to start my ride today. Had to switch gears and go running instead, and now I am going to break out a big ride tomorrow morning on my wife's birthday.

I already greased the skids though...came back from Hawaii with some great souvenirs and jewelry, so she shouldn't be too pissed.

I skipped a few sessions last week and fell off the wagon (the AA kind) so I have to get back into a groove quickly and focus on next weekend's race. It's not an "A" effort for me, just a little shin-dig the base puts on. After that it's the OLY I've been waiting for all year, and if this weather continues, it'll be a hot one.

Jeff
2009-07-26 5:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Sarasota FL
Heartland Sprint Report:
Overall: 137/346
AG (35-39): 11/17
Swim  8:38   7th AG
Bike  44:15 12th AG
Run   26:56 14th AG
Total 1:24:14

I've managed to stick to my goal of improving every race.  PR'd the run (8:41/mi), which was even faster than any practice either.

It sucks that when training you have to run farther to run faster.
It sucks that my AG (35-39) is the fastest group by average total times.  Overall winner from my AG, five of the top twenty from my AG.

Thanks to Aaron for the heads up on Lock Laces.  My transition was much faster.

Thanks to Bill for cadence talk.  My legs were strong enough for my best run to date.  I feel that's because I've learned a higher cadence on both the bike and the run. 

Wife enjoyed her very first race, and at 1:47 after 2 mo of light training she did great.  She's already planning the next one.

My bike avg was 19mph. EVERYONE who placed above me in my AG was 21+.
In 14 miles, I gave up 4:12 on the ride to everyone.  That was 2 places up.

I'm gonna focus on the run until the next race because I'm seeing the most gains there, but after oct. it'll be all bike.

Cheers,
steve

Edited by EvenOlder 2009-07-26 5:30 PM

2009-07-27 9:52 AM
in reply to: #2308840

New user
EvenOlder - 2009-07-26 5:20 PM Heartland Sprint Report:
Overall: 137/346
AG (35-39): 11/17
Swim  8:38   7th AG
Bike  44:15 12th AG
Run   26:56 14th AG
Total 1:24:14

Great job, Steve! I'm hoping to break sub-1:40 for the Chicago Sprint Tri. I've also decided to sign up for 1 more Tri after that one, the Lake Geneva, WI Tri on September 12th. I'm tempted to sign up for the Oly distance there instead of doing another sprint. The deciding factor will be on how my swim progresses. I'm bearly squeezing out a 1/2 mile, can't imagine doubling that right now.

Joe
2009-07-28 7:19 PM

User image

Regular
Jacksonville
It's been a while, so I am going to throw out another bonehead question:
How do y'all keep track of laps/distance in the pool?

For the last few weeks now I just seem to lose count in the middle, especially as I jam out longer sets. I get distracted or something, and then wonder "did I just finish 500 or 550, or was it 6?" I've tried using time on my watch to help, but then I get caught in the middle of a math problem and further lose myself.

Am I just retarded or has anyone else ever done this before? Tips??

Jeff

But hey, on the plus side, my swimming endurance is getting a lot better and I have a lot more confidence in the pool.
2009-07-28 7:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Sarasota FL
For me, the magic number is 4.
I split all distances into 4 lap increments.  I swim a 25y long pool, so a lap is 50y.

ie;
Today I swam 800y first.
So I counted up to 4 laps and then started over, 4 times.  Trust me, you know which set of 4 you're on as you swim.

Then I swam 200y, which is simply 4 laps.  Did it again.

Then finished 450 yards, which was 4, 4, and 1.

good luck,
steve
2009-07-28 8:16 PM
in reply to: #2313927

User image

Elite
Texas
EvenOlder - 2009-07-28 7:32 PM For me, the magic number is 4.
I split all distances into 4 lap increments.  I swim a 25y long pool, so a lap is 50y.

ie;
Today I swam 800y first.
So I counted up to 4 laps and then started over, 4 times.  Trust me, you know which set of 4 you're on as you swim.

Then I swam 200y, which is simply 4 laps.  Did it again.

Then finished 450 yards, which was 4, 4, and 1.

good luck,
steve

That's what I do. If I still lose count, I go back to the last number I'm sure of and swim from there. The "punative" laps help me remember keep better count.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Bill's House of Pain-No Vacancy Rss Feed  

of 26