General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Alright, I'm gonna do it! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-04-19 6:49 PM

User image

Veteran
Roxborough Park
Subject: Alright, I'm gonna do it!
Hello, I'm a 26 year old woman living in South Metro Denver.  I've been kicking around the idea of a triathlon for a few years (as a pipe dream mostly).  Last year I ran my first 5k a week and a half after my 25th birthday, but then I slacked off.  This year though, I'm doing a sprint tri.  I found the 6 month training plan on here and managed to find a local sprint triathlon exactly six months after I decided I should start, so it must be written. 

I literally just got home from my last workout of the first week and I'm feeling more motivated than ever!  Lookout Fall Frenzy, HERE I COME!

2009-04-19 7:03 PM
in reply to: #2095837

User image

Veteran
Williamson, GA
Subject: RE: Alright, I'm gonna do it!

You go girl!!!  Congrats on your decision and commitment!

You are going to be addicted after your first race if you are not already.  This is my third season, and I, like you, wanted to do a triathlon for years before I actually did one.  I still feel like a rookie... actually, I am still a rookie.   But, I LOVE the sport and am trying to get back in shape so I can do a sprint in August.

My brother and sister-in-law just moved to Colorado Springs.  My sister-in-law is actually working in Denver.  They are both triathletes and my brother is a coach.  You can look up my brother on BT.com (kenaxford).

What triathlon are you planning to do in six months?

Terry

2009-04-21 5:14 PM
in reply to: #2095878

User image

Veteran
Roxborough Park
Subject: RE: Alright, I'm gonna do it!
Thanks  

I figured I'd run into quite a few triathletes from CO, it seems like everyone in this state is some sort of athlete.  Your brother PMed me, I think I may look him up for some coaching once I get some reasonable volume built up.

It's funny that you're from GA, my Hubby and I met in Atlanta and lived in Decatur for a while.  I miss the Southern hospitality even though I'm from CO originally.

I'll be doing the Fall Frenzy on Sept 13th, it's in Parker, CO at the Parker Rec Center where I was actually a lifeguard during my college summers.

Good luck with your tri in August!  Looks like we'll be sort-of training buddies with (somewhat) similar timing. 
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Alright, I'm gonna do it! Rss Feed