UW Athletics
coldF / 0C
Precipitation
Total Time = 36m 38s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Woke up pretty early, surfed the interwebs for a bit...Couple cups of coffee, apple, and banana. Went over to my folks house and kicked it for a bit.
Event warmup:

Ran 6.5 miles from my folks house to the start, got caught in several heavy rains, fun...

Got to the square, which was PACKED! This was my first Crazylegs, and it was cool to soak up the atmosphere for a bit, the rain didn't seem to dampen too many spirits.
Run
  • 36m 38s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 07m 22s  min/mile
Comments:

Rainy, cold, and awesome! Something about the sheer lunacy of it all made the run itself pretty fun. I failed to submit a seed time to get placed in a similar speed wave. I ended up in "T"...No problem, going to present a bit of a challenge.

At the gun, I took off and caught "S" within thirty seconds. Even though the course was 8K, I am pretty sure I ran about 8.5K :). Lots of dodging and getting creative to keep my pace up. Never was really able to get into an open spot and really push the pace a bit.

Other than that fact, plans went well, pick it up and the start, stay calm and take it down a few ticks for Observatory (the big climb), and then open up the stride for a bit the rest of the way. Stuck to it perfectly, and finished feeling great! And cold...

The finish was quite cool, running in Randall and finishing at the 50. I was honestly surprised by my time, I tried really hard to go by feel and not pay much attention to the clock. Coming in, I felt for sure that I was around 38 or so.
What would you do differently?:

Remember to submit a seed time and get a little further up front, but not a big deal, really.
Post race
Warm down:

Froze my AZZ off! I couldn't find a buddy of mine that I was supposed to meet after the finish, he wasn't in the section we said to meet at, and it was empty, not like it was crowded. Grabbed some water, fruit, and BEER! After a few beers and standing around, I headed out.. Time to go home and get dry.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not much, more just wanted to have fun, and be careful to not hurt myself before the season even begins.

Event comments:

I recommed everyone do this at least once! 17,000 runners! Sheer lunacy and a lot of fun.

Last updated: 2008-11-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:36:38 | 04.97 miles | 07m 22s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Course: Started on the Cap square and finished at Camp Randall Stadium. Observatory was the big hill, and a couple smaller ones, but otherwise flat.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-04-25 6:54 PM

User image

Elite
Denver
Subject: Crazylegs Classic

2009-04-25 8:00 PM
in reply to: #2110333

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Crazylegs Classic

Nice race. Post race beers are the best.

2009-04-26 8:29 AM

User image

Davenport, IA

Nicely done!

2009-04-27 8:33 AM

User image

Pro
Norwalk, Connecticut