United States
UW Athletics
Precipitation
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Nothing to big here except for waking up, watching the rain come down, and waiting for the parents to show up
Event warmup:

Walked up to the Capital with mom, dad, theresa, and my roommate ryan. hit up the bathroom before and then went for a little warm up run with theresa before had to get to the wave starting point. Stretched a little bit, and waited for my group to start as i got poured on!
Run
  • 38m 38s
  • 4.97 miles
  • 07m 46s  min/mile
Comments:

Good, I have been running the course somewhat the last couple of weeks so I had a really good idea where I needed to be for the hills and the flats in order for me to get under 40 min. Just knowing that and having the Garmin was a big advantage with training with them both before.
What would you do differently?:

I wouldnt have a triathlon the next weekend and have trained more for just this race if I would want to finish much faster, but with the training focus on my bike lately I am very very pleased with the outcome.
Post race
Warm down:

After i finished i walked out the stadium and walked back on the course to find theresa and my parents. I found theresa heading into the finish and ran with her for a second and she was doing really good! Then i kept walking back cuz i told my dad that i would meet him and finish strong with him. That was my warm down, walk and run the last 1.5 miles. Worked for me.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Knee was a little bothersome with weather again, but other than that just my running experience lately has gone down with the bike taking most of the training.

Event comments:

This race is awesome, so many people that come back for this every year. Wish the weather was better, but great to see all the athletes out there cheering everyone on, the band playing for every wave when they take off, and then ending in camp randall is awesome. Love UW-Madison!

Last updated: 2009-04-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:38 | 04.97 miles | 07m 46s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
181 avg A little high but figured that with the hills throughout.
Course: Not too bad of a course. Start downhill and then you get to Bascom hill where you have that hill and then a roller by Liz Waters. Once you get past that you get to have a nice level stretch from mile 2.5 to mile 4. After 4 it is a slight incline up to Camp Randall.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-04-25 9:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Crazylegs Classic

2009-04-27 7:26 AM
in reply to: #2110524

User image

Expert
NW Suburbs, Illinois
Subject: RE: Crazylegs Classic
Great race, man!  That is a fantastic time, especially considering you have to climb Bascom Hill. 

Looks like the whole family did great, too!  Good times!
2009-04-27 8:26 AM
in reply to: #2110524

User image

Master
Waukesha, WI
Subject: RE: Crazylegs Classic

Fun times running in all that wet.  Way to go!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Crazylegs Classic Rss Feed