BT Development Mentor Program Archives » jesse_d Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 14

2009-06-29 12:40 PM
in reply to: #2248096

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: jesse_d Mentor Group - Closed
mstone11 - 2009-06-28 8:36 AM Carter, Sorry to hear that. Hope your training for the marathon goes well.

Jesse, I got out and did a short run on Friday - was a little tired but felt ok. Yesterday was really good. We did the bike and run course for the first our first tri's. This is a pretty tough bike course - lots of smal hills and two very big hills at the end. The course is 3x around. I then practice transition and we went went out for a run. I see what you are saying that after that first mile, you start to feel better. We did 1.8 miles. We could have continued but we were short on time. The run should be ok. My legs are pretty soar today. We'll be back there next week for an OWS.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Awesome!  Yes, you'll be good to go.  I think if you can just relax and get through the swim without consuming too much effort you'll do great on the rest.  

The legs being sore is great.  You are improving!  Laughing

Jesse

2009-06-29 12:44 PM
in reply to: #2248238

User image

Regular
dragonfly253 - 2009-06-28 11:11 AMHi Everyone,
Carter - sorry to hear about your shoulder .. that must be frustrating.
Michelle - The Marlborough race is coming up quick!! Have you checked out the course at all? I have yet to register for it - I have to get finances in order - plus figure out a set schedule for myself.

I ran my first 5K today!! I was nervous - this past week I has been a transition week, with the ending of school (where I work during the year) midweek and the intense 40hr training for camp (my summer job) all week, having exams for the class I am taking and having family visiting. It was really tricky to get any training in at all.
Also, yesteday I really started to feel sick. I took some Vit. C, and rested - Today I am feeling soo much better!

At the race, I had about a 8:30-9 minute pace going and I was feeling great! Around mile 2.5 another runner had a medical emergency, so I stopped to help her. I came in at 30:34 (official times aren't posted yet)
I had a lot of fun...I was suprised at how relaxed I ended up being.

My schedule is going to start to not be so crazy (hopefully) but I'm still having a tough time getting it into my days.
I'm going to tweak my schedule a bit:

Monday: Swim  40 minutes
Tuesday: Run 30-40 minutes
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Swim 1hr
Friday: Bike (Either 8 miles to/from work or hour + ride)
Sat:
Sun: Brick 1:15

What do you suggest for Saturday? Do you think this is an okay schedule?

Christina,

Great on the 5k! Congrats.

The training week looks good.

GO GET AN OPEN WATER SWIM IN!

Jesse
2009-06-29 12:45 PM
in reply to: #2249270

User image

Regular
njacobs24 - 2009-06-28 11:18 PMHey everyone!  My dad got out of the hospital on Friday after a pretty miraculous recovery and is fine.  Not too shabby, considering a week ago he was in a coma and they thought he might have serious brain damage.  Needless to say, I'm super relieved.

Working and going to the hospital every day wreaked some havoc on my training schedule, so I'm eager to get back into things this week.

--
Nikki

That is great news! Glad to hear it!

You know what to get him for his birthday (cough cough - covers the top of your head).

Jesse
2009-07-01 7:52 PM
in reply to: #2113192

User image

Orange Park, Fl

Nikki - Glad to hear your dad is going to be ok.

Just because I am not going to race I am not going to stop posting.  I probably will need some help and motivation during marathon trainging. I am starting to strengthen my shoulder back with light weights and stretching. Atleast running does not bother it much and I can keep up my running workouts. Laughing

2009-07-02 8:28 AM
in reply to: #2257153

User image

Regular
Carter_83 - 2009-07-01 7:52 PM

Nikki - Glad to hear your dad is going to be ok.

Just because I am not going to race I am not going to stop posting.  I probably will need some help and motivation during marathon trainging. I am starting to strengthen my shoulder back with light weights and stretching. Atleast running does not bother it much and I can keep up my running workouts. Laughing

I have started to pick my run training back up (50 miles/week).  I just feel in better shape the more I run Laughing  So, back to 6 days a week for me.   One long run.  One tempo run.  One set of shorter intervals.  The rest more or less easy runs. 

That should give me a great base for laster in the year when we get closer to the marathon.

Jesse 
2009-07-02 9:38 AM

User image

Regular
Boston
Over the past few days, I got some good workouts in - a run on Monday: 4.25 miles. (9 min/mi), Spin on Tues - where I focused on some hard seated climbs. I added a lot more tension than I had been - trying to get ready for those hills. Yesterday - a 3 mi run on the treadmill (I think it has rained everyday in June - it's unbelievable!) I was short on time so I did some short intervals:

2 min at @ (8 min 10 sec/mile)
1 min recover  
1 min recover

Again towards the end of the run:
2 min @ (8 min 10 sec/mile)
1 min recover
2min @ (8 min 10 sec/mi)

My plan for the next few days: Today - spin; Friday - day off. Saturday - a good run about 5 miles; Sunday - bike and OWS. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy 4th everyone!

2009-07-02 2:05 PM
in reply to: #2258025

User image

Regular
mstone11 - 2009-07-02 9:38 AM Over the past few days, I got some good workouts in - a run on Monday: 4.25 miles. (9 min/mi), Spin on Tues - where I focused on some hard seated climbs. I added a lot more tension than I had been - trying to get ready for those hills. Yesterday - a 3 mi run on the treadmill (I think it has rained everyday in June - it's unbelievable!) I was short on time so I did some short intervals:

1 min recover  
1 min recover

Again towards the end of the run:
2 min @ (8 min 10 sec/mile)
1 min recover
2min @ (8 min 10 sec/mi)

My plan for the next few days: Today - spin; Friday - day off. Saturday - a good run about 5 miles; Sunday - bike and OWS. I'll let you know how it goes.

Happy 4th everyone!

Perfect on the intervals!!!   As you work on improving, have more time, and when it is not raining you can try some of those outside too.  A series of 5 or so of those is great.

Were you sore the next day after your bike?  

Jesse 
2009-07-03 12:40 PM

User image

New user
Madison, WI
Well it sounds like you're all getting some good workouts in, so that's good.  Shortly after I said I was excited to get back to training, I got the flu!  I don't know what is going on with me lately!  But now that I think about it, a black cat did cross my path last week.... hmm....

Anyway, I'm feeling better and I think I'll be able to start up again. 

--
Nikki
2009-07-16 7:53 AM

User image

Regular
Boston
Hi everyone,Just checking to see how everyone is doing w/ their training/races. Hope you are having a nice summer and that the weather is nicer where you are than what it's been like in MA! I've pretty much stuck to my schedule and feel pretty good w/ the bike and run. I have gotten myself up to 5 miles for my runs. My only issue is that my feet and my left knee really bother me afterwards but the next day it's fine. As far as the swim - I haven't been doing so well. I am hoping to get in a few swims this weekend. We have the little man's 2nd bday party on Sat but friday and sunday look good for training! Hope everyone is doing well!
2009-07-16 8:03 AM
in reply to: #2288863

User image

Regular
mstone11 - 2009-07-16 7:53 AM Hi everyone,Just checking to see how everyone is doing w/ their training/races. Hope you are having a nice summer and that the weather is nicer where you are than what it's been like in MA! I've pretty much stuck to my schedule and feel pretty good w/ the bike and run. I have gotten myself up to 5 miles for my runs. My only issue is that my feet and my left knee really bother me afterwards but the next day it's fine. As far as the swim - I haven't been doing so well. I am hoping to get in a few swims this weekend. We have the little man's 2nd bday party on Sat but friday and sunday look good for training! Hope everyone is doing well!

Michelle,  funny we are celebrating my son's 2nd birthday on Saturday as well.  His birthday is July 17th.  

On the runs that is great!  It is just that your left knee gets a little numb/sore or is it pain?  I have had both of those issues before -especially when I was doing the mileage that you are now.  The numbness is just your body adapting and as you increase mileage that will most likely go away. If pain it could be any number of things.  It could be ITB (that muscle band) that goes from your knee up your leg.  Just look that up.  I used a foam roller to keep mine loose.  But, the very good sign is that it goes away.  

My wife and I just got back from the Bahamas - our first trip away since we have had both kids.  I only did one short run in 5 days plus a few ocean swims.  However, I did come away with an ear infection from all of the pool swimming and ocean fun I had.  So, I am sidelined from the pool until that clears up.   As far as the rest I am just planning my schedule out for the next year and getting back into the swing of things.

Jesse

2009-07-16 8:17 AM

User image

Regular
Boston

Funny... my son's birthday is Monday - July 20th!

As far as my knee - it is pain, only when I walk and put pressure on it (flat and stairs). The pain is on the left side of my knee. I will do some research and try the roller - they have one at the gym.

I loved the Bahamas - that must have been a nice getaway! We are going to Cape Cod the first week in August. Our first week trip with our son. Can't wait!

2009-07-16 7:49 PM

Boston
Hey!
Glad to hear you both are doing well - Jesse I am very jealous about your Bahamas trip!!!!

Training has been successful, my pace is up to 95 + and I'm feeling great after my runs. Swim has been great as well, although I need a really long warm-up. I swim for about 30-45 minutes, warming up with some of those excersises you sent, plus some more I found online. Then I swim with flippers (no kicking, really isolating my stroke piece by piece). After that I feel realy comfortable and smooth.
Will I have a chance to warmup in the water before the race?

I am on the sidelines for a bit now - an old hernia has been acting up. I am waiting to see the surgeon, but I have had two weeks waiting on that & they told me to lay off a bit until I see him. Hopefully it's nothing serious and I can get back out there...we will see.
Hope everyone else is doing well! The weather is starting to warm up here in MA - finally - hopefully you all are enjoying the summer.
2009-07-17 9:43 AM
in reply to: #2290512

User image

Regular
dragonfly253 - 2009-07-16 7:49 PM Hey!
Glad to hear you both are doing well - Jesse I am very jealous about your Bahamas trip!!!!

Training has been successful, my pace is up to 95 + and I'm feeling great after my runs. Swim has been great as well, although I need a really long warm-up. I swim for about 30-45 minutes, warming up with some of those excersises you sent, plus some more I found online. Then I swim with flippers (no kicking, really isolating my stroke piece by piece). After that I feel realy comfortable and smooth.
Will I have a chance to warmup in the water before the race?

I am on the sidelines for a bit now - an old hernia has been acting up. I am waiting to see the surgeon, but I have had two weeks waiting on that & they told me to lay off a bit until I see him. Hopefully it's nothing serious and I can get back out there...we will see.
Hope everyone else is doing well! The weather is starting to warm up here in MA - finally - hopefully you all are enjoying the summer.

Wow  - sounds great! (well besides the hernia

As far as the warm up it depends on the race.  On some you can get in and warm up and on others you can't.  You will be able to get in a little jog just to get the heart rate up a little and maybe that will help.

Jesse 
2009-07-21 1:55 PM
in reply to: #2288891

User image

Regular
Boston

Jesse - hope your son had a nice second birthday party! I know mine did! We celebrated all weekend and then had a nice dinner/cake last night for his actual bday.

We got to the lake on Sunday and I did my first OWS in a while. It was Tim's first OWS and he did well. We swam 40 minutes straight w/o stopping. I felt good after 10 minutes or so of warming up. I practiced my stroke, sighting and drafting.

Today, I did a brick workout - B: 10miles /36 minutes and R: 5K - 28 minutes. I felt really good after I got off the bike (maybe I did't bike hard enough). My legs are tired now though!

Planning on doing spin the next few days and then a few runs later in the week. Resting on Saturday.

Oh BTW - Team Hoyt is racing in the tri that I am doing this weekend. (from the inspirational videos you sent us) www.teamhoyt.com

2009-07-22 9:45 AM
in reply to: #2299242

User image

Regular
mstone11 - 2009-07-21 1:55 PM

Jesse - hope your son had a nice second birthday party! I know mine did! We celebrated all weekend and then had a nice dinner/cake last night for his actual bday.

We got to the lake on Sunday and I did my first OWS in a while. It was Tim's first OWS and he did well. We swam 40 minutes straight w/o stopping. I felt good after 10 minutes or so of warming up. I practiced my stroke, sighting and drafting.

Today, I did a brick workout - B: 10miles /36 minutes and R: 5K - 28 minutes. I felt really good after I got off the bike (maybe I did't bike hard enough). My legs are tired now though!

Planning on doing spin the next few days and then a few runs later in the week. Resting on Saturday.

Oh BTW - Team Hoyt is racing in the tri that I am doing this weekend. (from the inspirational videos you sent us) www.teamhoyt.com

We had a great b-day!  He had his own little cake - and ate half (edit - I mean I ate half).  

I'm thoroughly impressed by what you are doing!  On everything.   I really think you have done an amazing job planning and getting ready in the open water.  

Swimming - I think you are ready.  The last one you did sounded like it was just what you needed.  Just remember on race day to 1) focus on breathing properly when everyone is around you.  2) Do not panic no matter what happens.   I mean if you get hit or someone is swimming close to you or whatever just focus on "keep going, keep breathing, keep going, keep breathing."  3) do not go too fast - don't get caught up in the excitement.  Just go smooth and focus on breathing and your stroke.  That way you can really enjoy the bike and run.   (I was spent after my first race swim.)

Bike / Run.  That is really good too.  It sounds like that pacing is really good for you.  I would stick with that and then if you feel really good on raceday half way through the run you can pick it up!

I am always around for specific questions regarding race day so don't hesitate if you have any questions.

And go beat your husband on race day!

Jesse

Edited by jesse_d 2009-07-22 10:57 AM
2009-07-22 6:27 PM

User image

New user
Madison, WI
Michelle, way to go!  Laughing

I did my first actual brick workout, where I practiced the transition from bike to run and everything, and it went well.  I felt like I was running really, really slowly, but when I looked at my watch it was the same pace as normal. 

Today I swam for an hour in the pool, which is the longest I've ever swam.  I still haven't done an open water swim.  I'm taking Scuba diving lessons right now, too, so I've been in the water a lot lately.  I'm hoping diving in the lake will make me feel more comfortable when I swim in it.

At this point, I think the biking is going to be hardest for me because the course is hilly and it's my least favorite of the three sports.  I'm planning on doing more hills and long rides in the next few weeks to help get ready.

--
Nikki

2009-07-23 9:22 AM
in reply to: #2302565

User image

Regular
njacobs24 - 2009-07-22 6:27 PM Michelle, way to go!  Laughing

I did my first actual brick workout, where I practiced the transition from bike to run and everything, and it went well.  I felt like I was running really, really slowly, but when I looked at my watch it was the same pace as normal. 

Today I swam for an hour in the pool, which is the longest I've ever swam.  I still haven't done an open water swim.  I'm taking Scuba diving lessons right now, too, so I've been in the water a lot lately.  I'm hoping diving in the lake will make me feel more comfortable when I swim in it.

At this point, I think the biking is going to be hardest for me because the course is hilly and it's my least favorite of the three sports.  I'm planning on doing more hills and long rides in the next few weeks to help get ready.

--
Nikki

NIkki - that is funny on the running slow thing - that happens to me all the time.  I think your heart is pumping when you get off the bike and it just kinda forces you into a faster run.

Nikki - really try to make a point to get in the open water and swim.  You really want to know what it is like not to have a line under you when you swim.  You really need to practice sighting too.  That is really important!!!  Great on the hour though - very cool!  

I think you have right idea on the bike - you just need to get out there and push it some.  The stronger you are on the bike the better you'll feel on the run.

Jesse 

Edited by jesse_d 2009-07-23 9:22 AM
2009-07-24 8:41 AM

User image

Regular
Boston
Thanks Nikki!

Yesterday was my last hard workout. I ran 4.7 miles on Wed and did interval spinning class on Thursday which kicked my butt - I feel really good today. But I am taking today off and may do a light run tomorrow - a mile or 2.

Jesse - any thoughts on nutrition the day of the race? We will get up at 5ish and be at the race by 6am. We have 2 separate transition areas to set up for T1 and T2. Our wave (beginners) is the last wave and starts at 9:21. I am planning on having a 1/2 bottle of vitamin water on the bike - and probably a myoplex protein drink and water afterwards.

Thanks for all your advice - I will have my race report out to you Sunday night!

2009-07-24 9:14 AM

Boston

GOOD LUCK MICHELLE!!!!!

I am planning on going to watch - so I will be there somewhere cheering you on!!

2009-07-25 9:33 PM

User image

New user
Madison, WI
Good luck at the race!  Be sure to post a report!

--
Nikki
2009-07-26 6:51 PM

User image

Regular
Boston
Yay - I finished my first tri today! Total time: 02:04:01. Smile I expected somwhere around 2 hrs. I finished 337 out of 381.  And of course I feel I have a LOT to work on... Here is a breakdown:

Swim: 1/3 mile
12:56
I felt real good during the swim portion better than I ever have in OW. I got in a good pace. Overall I finished 299 and I beat my husband by 1 second. Laughing 

T1 - 3:54
Transitions were tough b/c it rained at the beginning unexpectedly and we put some of our stuff under towels.

Bike: 15 miles
1:09:14
I will tell you outright if there is anywhere I can improve a LOT - it is the bike portion. I felt real good coming out of T1 and then I had some pretty bad leg pains. This was a tough course. There were several people walking up the hill on their 3rd loop. I was proud that at no time did I stop, but I will say - people walking up hill were probably going faster.  My biggest issue is that I need a road bike - and I think that would be a major improvement. I do plan to use this bike again and what will definitely help is to raise my seat. I will def get more power. I only passed 3 people on the bike.

T2
2:34
There were 2 separate transition areas - I had a few issues in this trans: hanging up the bike was one of them and the second was I had a bottle of water that rolled away. UGH! Like I said trans were tough b/c of the weather. I also decided not to do the Yankz laces and I am sure all of this cost me some time.

Run: 3.3 miles
35:24
After my first lap I felt pretty good. I think my first lap was pretty slow and I definitely got in a good pace on the 2nd loop and made up some time here. My first lap I ran by Team Hoyt - from the start to the finish - it was very inspirational!

All in all - I was happy to complete it. Oh and Tim finished 1:54:10 (about 10 mins before me) He had the same issue with the bike.

2009-07-27 9:29 AM
in reply to: #2308960

User image

Regular
mstone11 - 2009-07-26 6:51 PMYay - I finished my first tri today! Total time: 02:04:01. Smile I expected somwhere around 2 hrs. I finished 337 out of 381.  And of course I feel I have a LOT to work on... Here is a breakdown:

Swim: 1/3 mile
12:56
I felt real good during the swim portion better than I ever have in OW. I got in a good pace. Overall I finished 299 and I beat my husband by 1 second. Laughing 

T1 - 3:54
Transitions were tough b/c it rained at the beginning unexpectedly and we put some of our stuff under towels.

Bike: 15 miles
1:09:14
I will tell you outright if there is anywhere I can improve a LOT - it is the bike portion. I felt real good coming out of T1 and then I had some pretty bad leg pains. This was a tough course. There were several people walking up the hill on their 3rd loop. I was proud that at no time did I stop, but I will say - people walking up hill were probably going faster.  My biggest issue is that I need a road bike - and I think that would be a major improvement. I do plan to use this bike again and what will definitely help is to raise my seat. I will def get more power. I only passed 3 people on the bike.

T2
2:34
There were 2 separate transition areas - I had a few issues in this trans: hanging up the bike was one of them and the second was I had a bottle of water that rolled away. UGH! Like I said trans were tough b/c of the weather. I also decided not to do the Yankz laces and I am sure all of this cost me some time.

Run: 3.3 miles
35:24
After my first lap I felt pretty good. I think my first lap was pretty slow and I definitely got in a good pace on the 2nd loop and made up some time here. My first lap I ran by Team Hoyt - from the start to the finish - it was very inspirational!

All in all - I was happy to complete it. Oh and Tim finished 1:54:10 (about 10 mins before me) He had the same issue with the bike.

Michelle,

Really sorry I didn't get to your questions from Friday!

Yahh! First, I am proud of you. You worked really hard and it is a great accomplishment.

1 - I think it is quite natural to beat yourself up over all the bad/difficult things that happened during the race. BUT, try to only look at those things are pieces that you will do better at or improve in.

2 - Your swim time is very similar to my swim time for my first tri!! I think I went mid 12's for .33 mile. That is great for your first tri.

3 - Your transition times will actually come down to 30 - 40 seconds. Seriously! You'll be surprised. I can help you with this.

4 - Bike - the course sounds tough. A tri/road bike is really going to help you a lot (can't remember off hand what you are riding - probably mountain right?). But, really, I think you did what you came to do and that is race in your first tri - and you did great. Now that your first goal is complete you can start working on some serious improvements (if you want).

Just a sidenote - imagine the strength of the legs of the father for Team Hoyt. That guy is 60 years old and pedaling himself and his son up those hills. CRAZY!

Next goal = beat Tim!

Great job!

Jesse

2009-07-28 1:30 PM
in reply to: #2309804

User image

Regular
Boston

Michelle,

Really sorry I didn't get to your questions from Friday!

Yahh! First, I am proud of you. You worked really hard and it is a great accomplishment.

1 - I think it is quite natural to beat yourself up over all the bad/difficult things that happened during the race. BUT, try to only look at those things are pieces that you will do better at or improve in.

2 - Your swim time is very similar to my swim time for my first tri!! I think I went mid 12's for .33 mile. That is great for your first tri.

3 - Your transition times will actually come down to 30 - 40 seconds. Seriously! You'll be surprised. I can help you with this.

4 - Bike - the course sounds tough. A tri/road bike is really going to help you a lot (can't remember off hand what you are riding - probably mountain right?). But, really, I think you did what you came to do and that is race in your first tri - and you did great. Now that your first goal is complete you can start working on some serious improvements (if you want).

Just a sidenote - imagine the strength of the legs of the father for Team Hoyt. That guy is 60 years old and pedaling himself and his son up those hills. CRAZY!

Next goal = beat Tim!

Great job!

Jesse

No worries, Jesse. I had a normal breakfast - hard boiled eggs and a piece of toast with Pnut butter. Then like an hour before I had a pnut butter 1/2 sandwhich.

Looks like the individual rankings changed: out of 381 - I was S: 287; B: 355; R: 286

2. Good to hear - I gathered from my ranking in the swim that I didn't do too bad. And the fact that I felt good afterwards - just shows me that I probably could do it a little harder next time.

3. the course was real tough! I did this one at 12 miles/hour. The next one I've done in 15 miles/hour. I was using a mtn bike with rd tires. I was thinking of checking out some rd bikes (renting a few over the next few weekends) and if I find one that I like maybe renting one for the weekend of my next tri. Any thoughts on that?

My goal for that race was to finish it, w/o stopping. And I did that! My next one is to cut down my time in each area. Help?!

As for training - I been feeling a little fatiqued/ dehydrated. I've been drinking plenty of water today.  I took yesterday off (work and training) but did a lot of errands. I did spinning today but took it a little easier. 

2009-07-29 9:19 AM

User image

Regular
Michelle - I think it is definitely time for a road bike.  You don't have to spend a fortune but the decrease weight of a road bike, the aero of the wheels, and the position will help you a lot.  Then you can add aero bars to get yourself really aero on the flats and decrease that wind resistence.  I do think you need to have the clip in shoes as well (again sorry if you already have them I can't remember).  

I can surely try to help you in all of the areas to keep getting better.  

As far as not feeling well, or dehydrated, or having the blues... I think that sometimes happens after the first tri - I think you have another one scheduled soon which I think is the best thing you can do.  You always want a race on the calendar to look forward too - that will keep you motivated.  My opinion is to workout every day you can (every day that your schedule allows).  And even if you feel tired try to get in something light.   There are times when your body will just tell you to screw off and you need to listen to that too.  You'll learn over time when your mind is playing tricks on you  

So, at this point, my opinion would be

1)  Swim - do every swim workout pretty hard - do almost all interval workouts.  So, do 50's and 100's.  At this point because you did good in your tri and you know you can do that distance you want to get faster and build strength.   So, swim faster in the pool - and this will translate into Tri.  Oh, and if you can find a reasonable priced coach then I say go for it.  I have a guy that is only charging me $20 per session and he is helping me.  Basically he does a workout with me and gives me tips.  This has really helped.  You only need a good tip once a month or so to really improve.  Maybe try taking a lesson once a month or every other month.  Take away 1 - 2 really key things to work on in between sessions.  

2)  Transitions.  Practice them.  This will become more important when you get your road bike and clip in shoes.   You want to make sure that there is nothing you need to do as far as 1) putting on or taking off clothes - so what you wore in the swim portion is what you are going to wear on the bike. b) that the only thing you will do in T1 is throw down you goggles and cap, put in your helmet, grab your bike, and go.  Your shoes will already be clipped in, etc.  Again, we can work on this.

3) Bike - I think you'll have great improvements with a new bike.  When you do so get a cheap computer that has 1) speed and 2) cadence.

4)  Run - running is just a function of volume and speed.  I sounds like you are doing well.  I would say pretty soon it is time for some interval work.

Jesse
2009-08-05 3:10 PM

User image

New user
Madison, WI
Hey everyone!  I've been really busy, so I haven't had time to post much, but I do want to ask this.  Just now, when I was towards the end of a long bike ride, my right knee started to hurt.  That's never happened before and I don't know what to think.  Do I need to adjust my bike?  Did I somehow hurt my knee while riding?  Is that even possible?

--
Nikki
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » jesse_d Mentor Group - Closed Rss Feed  

of 14