Second Wind Events
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 02m
Overall Rank = 61/140
Age Group = COED TEAM
Age Group Rank = 12/34
Pre-race routine:

Woke up and drove to Leah's.
Jumped in the TURBO for the last time to a race and headed out. Thankfully Leah had already got everything ready cause I was a mess. And she had an extra water bladder since...I forgot mine. Dropped the bikes in the transition area and met Haz and Dave. Laughed and went to park at the start/finish line. Tried to get ready through the heckles of Haz.
Event warmup:

Busted off some fine dance moves and finished my starbucks....mmmmm
Running:
Then, it was an uphill grind to the transition. My legs were cursed for being too damn long, but thats ok. Leah was a trooper. It was 35 minsof hell waiting to get on the bike. Headed out on the bike.
Biking:
Started out uphill for a long time. I was climbing like a maniac and having fun. Seen Rose and Audry and baby up at the top and stopped to get a photo!
Laughed about what was around the corner....another huge hill. lots of walking the bike up the mountain. going to the downhill of rocks the size of oranges on a hard tail was fun. Then we made it to punch 3. Going down to buntzen lake was being hounded by a woman who like to say on your left..but there was no right so I kind of lost it and yelled a bit....oh well, I think we passed them later anyway...
Orienteering:
Running around the buntzen lake area. We were pretty familiar with this portion since the xtc was held there. Leah was a fine navigator. We even pulled out a great trail run. Found all of the markers and never cut one corner.
Final Ride:
After the big orienteering section we started out again. It was fun. I was having a blast on the bike and even led a bit. I enjoyed pushing the person that was pushing me down the hill..up the hill...great fun. Then the mystery challenge was match tree names to pictures. Apparently We were the only ones not to use palm tree as the first one....go figure. Then more riding til the ravine...hard push that thing is. SOme pavement and some turns and we were back..under the netting and we finished...It was awesome.

Post race
Warm down:

Waited for Leah to get out of massage. Watched the people come it. We

What limited your ability to perform faster:

My BIKE! It will be diffent next year. Out of SHAPE, it will be diffent next year.

Last updated: 2008-12-16 12:00 AM
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-04-28 9:38 AM

User image

Master
Chilliwack, BC
Subject: Suburban Rush

It has everything in it but its not coming out on the race review!

Fixed it buy just putting everyting in event warmup...its a jist...

Edited by Crazypop 2009-04-28 9:53 AM

2009-05-01 9:56 PM
in reply to: #2115193

User image

Subject: RE: Suburban Rush
Too bad you didn't get pics of those fine dance moves.

Well done!
2009-05-03 2:24 PM
in reply to: #2115193

User image

Master
Port Moody, BC
Subject: RE: Suburban Rush

Great job of hanging on to Leah, you guys are a solid team!!!

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Suburban Rush Rss Feed