Running Fit
75F / 24C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 06m 19s
Overall Rank = 427/469
Age Group = 25-29 Female
Age Group Rank = 46/46
Pre-race routine:

I got to the race site WAY early, thinking I didn't want to have to wait in line for my number and race packet. I got my stuff, used the restroom, found a friend, made a few new friends, and did some stretching. I also tried hard not to eat too many of the bugs that were flying around everywhere!
Run
  • 1h 06m 14s
  • 5 miles
  • 13m 15s  min/mile
Comments:

I have been a total slacker for the past few months. And, running is not even close to my favorite of the three diciplines. I'd signed up for this run back in January...and although I was totally unprepared, I wanted to do it, if anything to kick myself back into gear.

I made it through the first two miles without too much trouble. After, it was a combination of shuffling the flats and downhills, and walking the uphills.

I'd made friends with a couple gals before the race and, since my only objective today was to finish and kick my own butt, I tried to stick with them throughout the race....slowing up a few times early on to keep everyone together. It was fun to have people to run with...I usually enter these things on my own and do a lot of training on my own (which could be the reason I've been slacking).

Anyways...I did it. I finished DEAD F--KING LAST in my AG. It hadn't even crossed my mind that I would/could finish last. I always figure there is someone worse off than me. It was a rude awakening.

But...I take it with a grain of salt. I'd never run more than 4 miles before and I'd never done a trail run. I had an absolute blast! Mentally, I did much better in this run than I have in a lot of my races prior. The 5 miles, while really tough, went by fast and I didn't spend the entire run thinking about how I hated running. And I made some friends. It was an all-around great day.
What would you do differently?:

I am actually looking forward to this next year. I'll train hard, and train on some trails before race date.

I'm signed up for the Flirt With Dirt in Novi on June 13th...hoping to get a little revenge and finish higher in my AG.
Post race
Warm down:

Stretched, walked, took at look at my new blisters...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Proper training

Event comments:

Running Fit does a great job with their races. I had a blast. I love the shirt. I can't wait for next year.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2009-02-07 12:00 AM
Running
01:06:14 | 05 miles | 13m 15s  min/mile
Age Group: 46/46
Overall: 427/469
Performance: Average
Course: They weren't kidding when they advertisted this race as a race that was "not for wimps"! The hills just kept on coming. One was so damn tall and steep, I thought I was going to fall down the way I was coming up! And the bugs....holy mother of God!
Keeping cool Average Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes