Dallas Sports University
68F / 20C
Overcast
Total Time = 1h 39m 11s
Overall Rank = 383/410
Age Group = 50-54
Age Group Rank = 40/6
Pre-race routine:

Woke up late because I have a new alarm clock and I didn't set it properly. So we had to rush around and I was worried we wouldn't make it to transition on time. My husband came through and got us there. My daughter was racing and our pump gave out airing her back tire which made the tension even worse. I ate a banana and a bowl of peas on the ride over and drank a glass of wheatgrass juice.
Event warmup:

None, too crazy. I really wanted to get in the pool but we didn't make it in time before they were bumbling around getting started.
Swim
  • 07m 12s
  • 275 yards
  • 02m 37s / 100 yards
Comments:

I was really happy with my swim. I have been having a hard time getting out of breath during the swim after I got run over in the monster. This time I took advice from someone on here and practiced breathing every five and every seven and it made a big difference. I just concentrated on my breathing and stayed calm and had a great swim. I only did a few strokes of breast when coming to the wall once or twice. I swam my fastest time - I hope it's accurate. Seems pretty close for me. Even adding 30 seconds it's still good for me.
What would you do differently?:

Try to increase my stroke rate to go faster
Transition 1
  • 01m 50s
Comments:

I had a good t1 over all. I had trouble clipping in but that was all.

Nothing really it was pretty smooth
Bike
  • 54m 31s
  • 13.25 miles
  • 14.58 mile/hr
Comments:

I didn't appreciate the hill at the end and I hated the wind. Plus my back hurt a bit during the bike. Maybe that extra mile just got to me. Also my computer died so I rode without one which was weird

Nothing really except learn the course better, get a new computer and pray for better weather!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Comments:

I didn't get a time on this transition

Know the course better. I lost time ascertaining which end to run out and then I found it a little confusing getting to the course through all the confusion.
Run
  • 35m 36s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 11m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

Not bad but not my best. I was tired. I really didn't have much zip by the end.

Get more sleep and try to push harder even though I didn't feel like it
Post race
Warm down:

Hung out with my daughter waiting for results. Talked to the race director about getting my medal from St Paddy's. Told him they really should mail them. Especially since they didn't have my age group posted for this one and he told me, go ahead and go because the results would be on line within 24 hours. That's when I told him I missed out on my medal doing that at the last one. He promised he would mail it to me if I emailed him. So whoever you were that didn't get your medal either, email and you shall receive.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Weenieness and lack of good sleep. Really I was happy with my race. Just glad I'm able to be out there doing it

Event comments:

I can't really criticize but it seems it shouldn't be that hard to make sure you have accurate timing. It's important to the athletes and we pay good money for the race

Last updated: 2009-04-26 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:12 | 275 yards | 02m 37s / 100yards
Age Group: 2/6
Overall: 0/410
Performance: Good
Suit:
Course:
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting: Good
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:50
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Good Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Below average
Biking
00:54:31 | 13.25 miles | 14.58 mile/hr
Age Group: 4/6
Performance: Below average
Wind: Strong with gusts
Course: This course would have been fun if it weren't for the wind. Because of the wind I really just couldn't wait for the bike to be over. Plus I was confused on the first loop because the map wasn't clear and I thought I was supposed to u-turn on Lakeside instead of turning left. Probably my own fault but I lost probably enough time turning around to make me fourth instead of third. Oh well!
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Good
Running
00:35:36 | 03.1 miles | 11m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 4/6
Performance: Below average
Course: Nice through a park and a neighborhood. Kind of hilly - not steep but long and draining. I was just tired the whole race. Didn't sleep well the night before as usual but I did feel tired.
Keeping cool Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Below average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 2
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? No
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2009-04-29 12:38 AM

Subject: CaveMan Triathlon

2009-04-29 11:14 AM
in reply to: #2117450

User image

Champion
the colony texas
Subject: RE: CaveMan Triathlon
nice job out there... it was a windy day on the bike course which made that hill seem worse
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » CaveMan Triathlon Rss Feed