Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My SO is awesome/I'm so in love Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 1

2009-04-29 2:48 AM

User image

Master
The Whites, New Hampshire
Subject: My SO is awesome/I'm so in love
Tell wonderful touchy-feely stories about how much you love your SO, how you fall deeper in love every day, all that stuff.

2009-04-29 4:24 AM
in reply to: #2117476

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: RE: My SO is awesome/I'm so in love
Slugger - 2009-04-29 3:48 AM Tell wonderful touchy-feely stories about how much you love your SO, how you fall deeper in love every day, all that stuff.

Why don't you start us off with an example?
2009-04-29 4:35 AM
in reply to: #2117484

User image

Master
Comet - 2009-04-29 5:24 AM

Slugger - 2009-04-29 3:48 AM Tell wonderful touchy-feely stories about how much you love your SO, how you fall deeper in love every day, all that stuff.

Why don't you start us off with an example?

Because I'm single.

Bizarrely enough, this comes from hearing a touching request on the radio today. I almost never listen to commercial radio and just happen to flip to it in that gap between NPR stations. I immediately thought of Courage on here and something he shared about he and his wife a while ago. So I wanted to hear more touchy-feely stories. I'm finally feeling so much more solid after leaving an emotionally abusive marriage, and I like hearing about relationships that are going right.
2009-04-29 7:19 AM

User image

Pro
Pittsburgh, my heart is in Glasgow
Heck, I'll jump on this. My husband is incredible. He's so sweet and kind and loving. He's been so wonderful since my accident, helping me to the bathroom, emptying my porta potty (that's true love right there), helping me bathe, etc. He stood by me when I went abroad, and wrote me love letters and e-mails. He's a great tri sherpa, and a better cyclist than I am. We have tons of inside jokes, we laugh lots, and in general, our relationship is easy. We don't fight, we don't stress, we just carry on. Being married has been great. I love having our own place, I love doing household chores together. Waking up together every morning is fantastic...seriously, I'm completely in love.....buuut I think our household will only be complete when we have a little fuzzy friend (hehe, I've been pestering for a dog for a while, but we can't get one in our current apartment).

He did this while I was studying in Northern Ireland...its his high school football field.

Johnstown Tri...his first!

Our wedding day...(taken by poster DonTracy who did our wedding photography)

2009-04-29 7:26 AM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

Give it up folks.  Don't think you can top that.  Congrats.  You two look made for each other.

Edited by crowny2 2009-04-29 7:26 AM
2009-04-29 8:06 AM

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

I could write novels.  There are plenty here who know both of us and would agree that Doughboy and I have a relationship unlike any other.  16 years of marriage and sure, we snip any each other occasionally, but in all the time we have been together, we have never had a yelling argument.  Is that weird?  It's not to us.

I guess one of the reasons it is so great is because we want to be together all of the time.  We actually work at the same place now and driving in and home together, and having lunch together every day is fantastic beyond words.  People thing we are crazy, but I think that anyone who does not want what we have is crazy.

He kills bugs, cleans up after the dogs when they yack on the carpet, fixes things and never complains.

Ask around, we would win couple of the century!

Edited by dodgersmom 2009-04-29 8:06 AM

2009-04-29 8:13 AM
in reply to: #2117726

User image

Queen BTich
dodgersmom - 2009-04-29 9:06 AM

I could write novels.  There are plenty here who know both of us and would agree that Doughboy and I have a relationship unlike any other.  16 years of marriage and sure, we snip any each other occasionally, but in all the time we have been together, we have never had a yelling argument.  Is that weird?  It's not to us.

I guess one of the reasons it is so great is because we want to be together all of the time.  We actually work at the same place now and driving in and home together, and having lunch together every day is fantastic beyond words.  People thing we are crazy, but I think that anyone who does not want what we have is crazy.

He kills bugs, cleans up after the dogs when they yack on the carpet, fixes things and never complains.

Ask around, we would win couple of the century!

Phoenix does have cute pictures, but Steve and Marcy take the cake. I cannot even describe how much I love them...just for loving each other! I just want to be wrapped up in their big love hug!
2009-04-29 12:39 PM

User image

Veteran
Roxborough Park
My Hunky Hubby is the love of my life.  He is the only person in the whole world that knows me right down to the core and he loves me even more for it.  We're both dorks and can laugh long and hard at our little inside jokes, but we're also the most steadfast team I could ever imagine.  Inside his wedding band it says "Team Grillo Never Quits"- there's nothing we can't get through together.  Life threw us some serious lemons the first year we were married, but we cruised through the obstacles with no trouble (and no fights) because we each know how exactly to support and comfort the other.  And our kids will be adorable little round faced troublemakers.

2009-04-29 1:02 PM

User image

Elite
Columbus, Ohio
The morning of my first HIM last summer I was double checking my bag and my wife, who is definately not a morning person, comes down the stairs to check on me and make sure everything is okay before we head out. It was my first HIM and she knew I was anxious to get the day started. She asks if I am ready... Looking through my bag I say yeah, zip up the zipper, stand, turn around and there she is. She is already to go, sleepy, but has a shirt that she made that reads "Team Justin" on the front that she kept under wraps until race day. It was great to see her each and every time coming in and out of transition or on the multiple loops on the run and bike. It was a brutal day, didn't meet my time goal, but it was still so great to see her before the finish line with tears in her eyes and even giving me a kiss with me being a nasty-sweaty mess.

She supported me a lot through all the training that went into the race. I will never forget that.
2009-04-29 1:09 PM

User image

Master
Tiger's Den
I'm very lucky- my husband I were best friends before we ever really became a couple, and to this day he is still my closest friend. Like Dodgersmom, we've never had a fight where someone yelled- only minor disagreements over stupid stuff (like who ate the last chocolate chip cookie)

In fact, last year when I was training for my first IM, knowing how much I hate to get up in the morning to swim before work, he got up with me and for 4 months swam twice a week at 6AM with me.... with no race to train for and no particular love for swimming.

2009-04-29 2:29 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh

I am truely the luckiest person, my wife is the best because she puts up with all of my crap, she lets me go on and on about triathlons and just smiles and nods, and the best thing is she puts up with my inability to spell.

Seriously though, I love my wife so much I moved my whole life to be with her because I could not stand one more day without her. She is the poster child for what a honest love and best friend is...

Jokes on her though because now with the baby, she is stuck with me....

2009-04-29 2:35 PM

User image

Pro
Austin, Tejas
Awww... these are so sweet to read! I hope i get to write something like this about a future SO.
2009-04-29 3:44 PM

User image

Master
Lake Norman, NC

Let me put it this way...

With me it was lust at first site.  Then after 24 hours it was love.  After 48 hours it was obvious that it was multiple lifetimes love.  And finally in just 72 hours after meeting, we agreed to marry.

That was 19 years ago and it's only gotten stronger since.  Serious mojo.

2009-04-29 8:42 PM

User image

Delaware, OH
My husband and I live in different states- he's in the military in NC and I'm keeping the home fires burning in OH.

Last night was just magical.  I was in RDU for business and he drove up from Fayetteville.  We met at RuthChris.  I had set the reservation for 6pm.  He got there at 5:45- I was hours late.  I got a late start from Roanoke, VA...then got lost...couldn't find the exit and got confused by 'inner belt' and 'outerbelt' I 440.  I rolled in at 7:30 almost in tears that I might miss him.  Just seeing him when I walked in the door just melted my poopy day away.

It reminded me of the times I would drive 12 hours from Ohio to Ft. Gordon in Augusta, GA for a long weekend...not knowing if I would be able to see him.  AIT is funny that way- sometimes you get a pass...and sometimes you don't.  Every time I would hold my breath to see if I could see my soon to be husband.  The stolen hours together- you learn to cherish every single moment you have with the love of your life....because being in the military...you never know.

Dinner was great.  Sitting across the table I found myself staring at him.  I had forgotten what those stolen moments, chance meetings felt like.  The greatfull feeling to the Universe for letting us pass like two ships in the night.  I'm just glad that in six months the Army will be behind us and we can live together for the first time in 3 years.

btw- RuthChris is NOT worth the price.
2009-04-29 11:14 PM

User image

Master
These are so friggin' awesome! Thank you!!! Please, keep 'em comin'. I'm all smiley and warm and fuzzy, made even better because NH Senate passed gay marriage today and I literally jumped three feet off the ground and whooped and hollered in the parking lot. Yay for happiness!
2009-04-30 9:04 AM

User image

MotoQueen

After 27 years together, I could go on and on with stories about my hubby.  He was my rock through cancer, and I know how much he was hurting during that time, but he was so strong for me.  We held onto each other and came out the other side in one piece.

When we got married I told him I would never make him choose between me and his daughter (She was 5 at the time).  When she was 13 she told me one time too many that she would just go live with her mom (during one of those many teen arguments that we go through with our kids) and I cracked.  I told her to pick up the phone and call her mom for a plane ticket (we are in GA, mom is in CA).  She did not move.  Hubby walked over to the phone, picked it up and dialed her mothers number, handed her the phone and told her to tell her mom what she needed.  He stood by me.  Before everything was settled, we were in our room and I was crying, scared than our daughter was really going to go and I did not want that to happen, and he was comforting me.  Long story short, our daughter stayed with us.  But what was important to me was that my hubby realized that he was not having to make a choice between us, but rather he needed to stand by me as the parent and call our daughters bluff.  And as you can tell from my words, his daughter became my daughter over the years and I love her dearly. 

My hubby signed up to do my first Tri with me.  He is not a swimmer.  Now that is love.

Okay, enough for now.  27 years and still madly in love with this person who can drive me crazy at times, but I don't know what I would ever do without him. 

Edited by kns57 2009-04-30 9:05 AM

2009-04-30 10:11 AM

User image

Veteran

My husband (trigods) is the most beautiful man I have ever known, body, mind, and soul. 

It was definitely lust at first sight...but I fell in love with him during the short time it took to drive from Huntsville to Houston TX.  We spent hours on the phone during our early dating days since we lived in separate states so we really got to know each other in a way that I have never known anyone else.  I hopped a plane to TN every chance I got because the time spent with him was, and still is, when I am truly happy and at peace. 

We lived apart during our first year of marriage, which was hard, but the times we spent together were so full of love and togetherness.  When he moved to NC to be with me, I was worried that the idyllic nature of our love would be lost, since we would not miss each other as much.  But, the exact opposite has happened--we are more in love and have more togetherness than I could have imagined.  I actually miss him more now when I am at work than when we used to be apart for days! 

Our newborn son is the culmination of our amazing love...and even though it seems awful to say, when people ask me if I ever thought I could love someone as much as I love Campbell (our son), I always say yes because I love his dad that much and then some.  He is the best father I could have ever wanted for my child...and a better husband than I think I deserve. *For the record, we do fight and I love that because he pushes my buttons and challenges me and makes me a better person.  Plus, making up from a fight is FABULOUS!*

I would marry him over and over again, just to let him know that he has made my life more than I could ever have dreamed.

(a candid shot taken at our wedding that reminds me how in love we are and how much fun we have together)

2009-04-30 10:13 AM

User image

Veteran

And a plug for BT--we met on this site!  So all you single folks, take a look around...there are some amazing people on BT!

2009-04-30 3:38 PM

Extreme Veteran
All this mushy stuff makes me sick. Here is how much my wife loves me:

We had just got married and purchased a House in Dallas. We had spent the last several days moving all of our stuff and as a break we spent a day out in the yard cleaning up the overgrown mess. I was pulling vines that had grown up the side of the house and some of the trees. I woke up at around 3:00 AM feeling like my face was on fire and my vision was blurred. I went into the bathroom to find that my eyes were swollen almost completely shut. I woke her up and asked her to take me to the hospital. She said that she was really tired and that I should drive myself. I wasn't in the mood to beg so I got dressed thinking that when she knew I was serious she would get up and drive me. As I was leaving she yelled to me so I went back in the bedroom and she asked me to stop at the store and pick up a newspaper and some orange juice on the way home from the hospital. That's true love. Apparently the vines were poison ivy.

Kevin
2009-04-30 3:58 PM

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member
I don't have a specific story to tell, because I've found that if it's the real deal, it defies definiton. I can't exactly put into words what I love about Chris... except for the fact that I believe he is the yin to my yang. We have the same dorky sense of humor and we share many of the same interests. He makes me laugh so hard my face hurts. We complement each other nicely, I think. We support, encourage, and love each other in a way that I've never known before.

Can't imagine me without him.  

PS We also met right here on BT. Laughing
2009-04-30 4:13 PM
in reply to: #2121815

User image

Pro
Keller, Texas

Whizzzzz - 2009-04-30 3:58 PM I don't have a specific story to tell, because I've found that if it's the real deal, it defies definiton. I can't exactly put into words what I love about Chris... except for the fact that I believe he is the yin to my yang. We have the same dorky sense of humor and we share many of the same interests. He makes me laugh so hard my face hurts. We complement each other nicely, I think. We support, encourage, and love each other in a way that I've never known before.

Can't imagine me without him.  

PS We also met right here on BT. Laughing

I would vote Laura and Chris in a tie for BT cutest couple right beside Jah2212 and Docshock1964 (Jen and Craig)

2009-04-30 6:06 PM

User image

Master
Portland, Oregon
I hate to tell y'all this, but as a public service I feel I must. MY husband is the total best ever. I know you think yours' are, but no. The best one ever is all mine. It's been 18 years since "I do" and I would totally marry him again in a heartbeat. One of the (many) cool things is that we are training partners. We're much the same speedwise, so can be (a little!) competitive. We are a great team. I love that.

If you'd like a heartwarming story, here ya go:
A few days ago I got on the scale in our bathroom, looked at the number and said, "Good Gawd! I'm fat as a hog!" To which my sweetie replied with a big smile, "But you're a prize hog..... and you're mine." 
It is really really difficult to solemnly swear that someone is "SO in trouble!!" when you are laughing your naked self off the bathroom scale.

My co-workers were horrified when I told them this little story.

BTW, I'm not exactly fat. I gained 5 over xmas and still haven't gotten rid of it. That's partly why it was so freakin' funny.
2009-04-30 8:02 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

FIrst of all...if you ask my husband how we met you would get a single sentence answer that would drop you to the ground (or at least the jaw) .  His answer is " I killed her husband"

Yes, it's true but not what you think   Anyway...his sense of humor definitely helps!

I love my husband cause he always thinks of others in a sacrificial loving way.  He is one of those quiet kind of guys who doesn't say much but when he says something it's by his actions more than words.  He is not into the race day scene at all.  Yet he has come to most of my races--despite having a boat load of school work to finish (he's working on a Master's degree in nursing admin)and a demanding position ....He picks up the slack and does a lot of stuff around the house cause I'm training....He doesn't object to any of my needed equipment purchases, in fact he secretly bought me my race bike as a gift cause he knew I loved Blue's.

Aside from all the race day stuff my husband has always done or helped get done whatever needed to be done.  When were dating we went to visit my parents.  (as in not dating long) and my mother had hurt her back.  He helped me clean mom's house before we left.

We've been  married almost 16 years with rarely ever more than a few sharp words...no major blow outs.

2009-04-30 8:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cleveland, Ohio
Ok I admit, as much as I decided to avoid this thread like the swine flu, I am glad I read it.  You all have some really wonderful stories and are incredibley blessed to have found such wonderful mates.  I would be thrilled if I could meet someone half as great. 

Thanks for sharing, it gives me hope!
2009-04-30 9:19 PM

User image

Master
Sacramento, California

I love hearing everyone's stories! It makes me miss my husband while I am at work tonight.

My husband and I have been together for almost 9 years now and married for 3 years and are more in love today than we were in the beginning.  He is sooo great and supportive...for many reasons.  First of all he loved me even when I weighed 50 lbs more than I weigh now.  Secondly he has supported me and took care of me throughout medical school and now residency.  He deals with me working 80+ hours, being tired, grumpy and frustrated with the world. He cooks he cleans he does laundry and never makes me feel bad about the time I spend away from home.  Thirdly he is one of the few people who did not laugh when I told him I wanted to do a tri and there cheering me on when I finished my first super sprint last summer.  We support each other, cheer on another on in sporting events and in other areas of life, and are each other's best friends.  There is no one I would rather spend my time with.  Sure we have our little fights (and I admit they are usually my fault as I am the one with the temper) but we never stay mad for long and our relationship is stronger for the hard times we have been through.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » My SO is awesome/I'm so in love Rss Feed  

of 1