General Discussion Triathlon Talk » WKO+ vs Raceday Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-01 12:08 PM

User image

over a barrier
Subject: WKO+ vs Raceday
Anyone make the switch from WKO+ to Dr. Phil's Raceday software? In the middle of reading his power book and it appears the science is the same but the terms (FTP vs CP etc) are different (different names due to copyright).

I like WKO+ but was thinking about adding raceday to the mix as its geared towards Triathletes.

Thoughts?

2009-05-01 12:34 PM
in reply to: #2123857

User image

Expert
Burnaby, BC
Subject: RE: WKO+ vs Raceday

I haven't made the switch, but I do run both.  I find WKO+ is much better for communicating with my coach, syncing with TrainingPeaks and analysis of various metrics.  I find Raceday is much better at zeroing in on my response to training, especially with swimming.  I did build my own homepage in WKO that puts all my metrics from each discipline together.  

With Raceday, you need to make sure you test regularly formally or informally.  It's only as good as the data you put into it.  With no regular hard efforts of at least 2 minutes then it's going to try to predict performance and your response to training off of your coffee shop rolls.  A single hard effort in the middle of that will throw it way off.

2009-05-01 12:54 PM
in reply to: #2123936

User image

over a barrier
Subject: RE: WKO+ vs Raceday
I use the PMC chart for Running and Cycling and then Running+cycling...I find the TSB to be very useful although days like today I don't need a chart to tell me I'm beat up.

I think I'm going to download the free trial of Raceday and give it a spin...Thanks
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » WKO+ vs Raceday Rss Feed