General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the sport, any sport Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-02 12:06 AM

New user

Subject: New to the sport, any sport

Hullo,
  Until this year I wasn't interested in athletics except for passing the annual fitness test required for work, and that I barely passed and most years not on the first attempt.  But this year I decided to make a change and set some real fitness goals and work to achieve them, not just try to pass once a year. 
  I have a short attention span so I decided to mix up my aerobic workouts but I didn't think to compete until my pastor announced that he was training for a triathlon.  That got me thinking about my own workouts and realized that with small changes I could compete in triathlons also.  Right now I am working on building my base swim and bike, I'm currently at 4 laps and 20 min, but hope to be in shape by Aug to enter a "fun run" sprint.

2009-05-02 3:11 AM
in reply to: #2125188

User image

On your right
Subject: RE: New to the sport, any sport
Congratulations on the decision to get in better shape.  You've definately come to the right place.  People here are amazing, and the depth of knowledge that can be found here is only surpassed by the amount of support you'll get from everyone.

Be sure to check out some of the other forums on here, especially the weight loss one, if you're interested in that, and the challenge forum.  We just started a "boys vs girls" swim challenge, where we make a goal for the month, and try to meet it.

Good luck with your training, and feel free to ask any question you might have.  None are too silly, because I'm sure that we've all wanted to ask them as a newbie.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New to the sport, any sport Rss Feed