General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New bike or old bike?????????? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-11 10:06 AM

User image

Regular
Superior WI.
Subject: New bike or old bike??????????
So i am getting a new bike at the end of the month and its a cannondale multisport. But i have been training on my old bike a gt road bike. My tri is on the 7th of may and i will be getting my new bike at the end of the month. Do i use the new tri specific bike of do i use my old bike and then start training on the tri bike after the race. I have a half marathon in in june and then my next tri is in july? Just wondering what other people thought.

2005-04-11 10:41 AM
in reply to: #140941

User image

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
Subject: RE: New bike or old bike??????????

IMHO it depends on how important that first tri is.

The tri bike is going to be somewhat different than the road bike, you will be in a slightly different position with slightly more emphasis on your quads. You may not see a drastic decrease in performance but you may well only be at 90-95% of peak on the new bike. If theis is a "B" or "C" race then buy al means use the tri bike, provided your comfortable with the fit and your handling.

You'll see what I'm talking about when you start riding the tri bike. The good thing is that you don't have to make a decision until the morning of the race. You'll haveĀ a week to test the bike and make an assessment

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New bike or old bike?????????? Rss Feed