General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hey Minneapolis--Need to know a good Tri-Bike Shop-Lifetime Fitness Tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-04-11 6:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dana Point, California
Subject: Hey Minneapolis--Need to know a good Tri-Bike Shop-Lifetime Fitness Tri

I will be on vacation in Minnesota in July, and I am going to do the Lifetime Fitness Triathlon when I am there.  I live in California.  I want to get a bike to use for the tri when I am up there.  Too much hassle to ship my bike cross country for an Olympic Distance.  Any suggestions?

2005-04-11 9:10 PM
in reply to: #141288

User image

Veteran
Grand Rapids, MN.
Subject: RE: Hey Minneapolis--Need to know a good Tri-Bike Shop-Lifetime Fitness Tri
Try going to www.gearwest.com and click on their tri store. I am not sure if they rent bikes but when it comes to triathlon in the twin cities they are the place. Their contact number is on the website. Lifetime fitness looks like a great race but it is a little too pricey for me. Good luck and enjoy our fine state. Al.
2005-04-12 9:41 AM
in reply to: #141288

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Hey Minneapolis--Need to know a good Tri-Bike Shop-Lifetime Fitness Tri

Yes, Gear West is very popular and has a good reputation. Other options are Penn Cycle or Erik's.

Autumn is the resident MN bike expert, so she probably knows of a lot more shops that might work also. Hopefully she'll chime in!

I raced Lifetime last year, and it was a good experience. The course is FAST. Have a good race!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hey Minneapolis--Need to know a good Tri-Bike Shop-Lifetime Fitness Tri Rss Feed