United Kingdom
15C / 59F
Sunny
Total Time = 39m 11s
Overall Rank = 5/126
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Event warmup:

Jogged around a little, did a few stretches and generally tried to look as if I knew what I was doing.
Run
  • 38m
  • 6.21 miles
  • 06m 07s  min/mile
Comments:

I started at the and deliberatley set off fast. After the first km I realised that I was about 8th and I did worry a little that I might have set off a bit fast and was just waiting for loads of people to pass me (I finished ~90th in my last 10K).

I felt fairly comfortable though so just kept plodding away. I tried staying on the heels of a guy in front of me but he pulled away after about 3km so I just settled into my own pace.

At the half way mark I was in 6th position and catching the guy in front of me who had pulled away earlier. On one of the big hills in the last 4km I pushed hard and pulled away from him a little and then gradually increased this advantage to the end. 4th place finished some way in front of me so there was never a chance to catch him.

It's strange how I felt very tired before this race and had done nearly 20 hours of training during the week and had the best race of my season (so far) yet last weekend I was rested, felt good but had the worst race of my season...
Post race
Event comments:

Nice friendly atmosphere and lot of marshals to point the way. An interesting course through the park with some nice hills thrown in.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2009-03-08 12:00 AM
Running
00:38:00 | 06.21 miles | 06m 07s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 5/126
Performance: Good
Course: Mostly off road with some steep hills.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes