General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A letter to Dallas Sports University Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2009-05-14 1:52 PM
in reply to: #2148428

User image

Expert
Plano, TX
Subject: RE: A letter to Dallas Sports University

Beth just called me from the Coppell packet pickup.  Standard DSU cluster -- they weren't ready on time (you start at noon and you weren't expecting a rush?); nothing was already compiled (e.g. parking pass not staped to bag, numbers and tshirts not in bag) so they're putting it all together as you pick it up.

Took her 35 minutes to get through the line, which stretched the length of the store.  Given the limited number of pickup options, you might have suspected they would have more then one person working each line (separate lines for Sprint and Oly, both were very long).  You'd be wrong.

Hope the race itself goes better.  Good luck to all you racers!

2009-05-14 9:15 PM
in reply to: #2141411

User image

Plano, TX

Yes, as Dave said, it took me 35 minutes to get my packet.  And I arrived 5 minutes after packet pick up started!  I was not happy with the single location inside the metroplex for packet pickup, but even with that, 1-6 does not give people much time to actually drive to the location from a standard work day.  I can only imagine the chaos that place must have looked like from 5-6 tonight.

I will say that they had more goodies in the bag this time though.  A decent hat, socks, and a t-shirt.  Unfortunately not the tech shirts like 2 years ago, but not a bad combo.

I have two friends doing their first tri this weekend.  Please, please don't let the their be too much confusion!

2009-05-15 8:57 AM

User image

Dallas
Here's to holding out hope that Saturday pick up will run smoother....
2009-05-15 9:22 AM

User image

Regular
Allen, TX ( Basically North of Dallas)
Subject: Slow packet pick up
Not to beat a dead horse but packet pick up was very slow.  Nice goodies though.  Hat, Socks, and t-shirt!  I guess it could be worse.  I think a Friday packet pick up would fix alot of these issues.  I know that we are going to have a great race on race day!!!
2009-05-15 3:43 PM

User image

Frisco
I agree that packet pickup in Coppell yesterday was ridiculous.  Starting at 1pm instead of 12, starting late, having only 1 pickup in the Metroplex (Denton is dang far north for most of us) caused a mass convergence of folks from Cleburne to Rockwall descending on Coppell Bikes Plus to pickup on their late lunch break. 

I was there at 1:30....took 45 minutes.  Couldn't stay to peruse the store because all my time was wasted in line!  Lovin' the shirt/hat/socks/bracelet/etc, but sheesh. 

I think last year they were in Plano and Arlington on two different days so that split the Metroplex rush.  Plano packet pickup took me 2 minutes, one person in front of me when I got there, and two folks behind me when I left.
2009-05-16 8:20 AM

User image

Master
Frisco, Texas
Sounds like DSU needs a few more voluteers.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A letter to Dallas Sports University Rss Feed  

of 2