United States
65F / 18C
Sunny
Total Time = 47m 17s
Overall Rank = 16/77
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 4/6
Pre-race routine:

Had Oatmeal and a couple of banana's at home, and drank a bottle of Infinit and had a Gu when we arrived at the race.
Event warmup:

None, did a little chatting with Karen, Kellie and Trish then had to figure out a way to get the keys out of our locked car, thankfully there was a rescue squad from the Harrison Twp FD nearby, and I chatted with my firefighter brothers and they took care of us and contacted the Sheriff's dept.
Run
  • 47m 20s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 07m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

Woke up in the morning and felt the sore throat and minor chest congestion coming on from the kids cold that's been hanging on for the past week so I wasn't sure what to expect. When the horn sounded I just went at a nice pace and cruised the entire course at a nice clip. Didn't bother slowing down for drinks on the course. Started hacking a bit in last mile, but was able to contain it to the finish.

AG: 4 out of 6 Overall: 16 out of 77

I thought it was a new PR, but found the 10K time from an Oly last August that was 46:24, so no new PR. But of course I suspect the course was a bit short in the Oly at 5.9 miles according to another racers Garmin. So I guess I can count this as an accurate 10 K stand alone PR.
What would you do differently?:

Not get sick.
Post race
Warm down:

Crossed the finish line and headed for the Fire Dept rescue squad and the guys had the wifes purse and keys. A deputy was able to get into the car grab the purse and give it to the firefighters. Sweet. Ran to the car and locked up the purse and ran back onto the course to find K and pace her to the finish.

We chatted with Trish for a bit.

Drove to the nearby Krogers and purchased two half gallons of good ice cream and dropped them off at the firehouse as a big thank you to my brothers.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of a good warm up and feeling kinda of ill didn't help but I did better then expected.

Event comments:

Nice low key event that benefits the Harrison Twp Rec Dept so I wasn't expecting to much overall, but the course was nice and the traffic on the roads was stopped at the crossings. The only bummer was the lack of t shirts so we missed out on that. The post race food was hot dogs, so we opted for Jimmy Johns down the road :)

Last updated: 2009-05-10 12:00 AM
Running
00:47:20 | 06.2 miles | 07m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/6
Overall: 0/77
Performance: Good
Forgot the HRM strap, oops. Laps 7:47 7:50 7:54 7:34 7:41 7:25 6:56 for last .2
Course: Flat scenic course from Apt's into Metro Beach Metropark.
Keeping cool Good Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5] 3

{postbutton}
2009-05-10 12:31 PM

User image

Master
Canton, Michigan
Subject: Run Like a Mother

2009-05-11 8:09 AM
in reply to: #2141574

User image

Veteran
Canton, MI
Subject: RE: Run Like a Mother
Wow...that's a fast 10K!  Nice work, but sorry you had to deal with the keys locked in the car!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Run Like a Mother Rss Feed