General Discussion Race Reports! » Live Like Andi Walk, Run and Fashion Walk Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Live Like Andi Walk, Run and Fashion Walk - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Novi , Michigan
United States
SecondWind
70F / 21C
Sunny
Total Time = 33m 44s
Overall Rank = 139/210
Age Group = 25-29 Female
Age Group Rank = 5/9
Pre-race routine:

Picked up my packet and put the new quick laces into my shoes...covered up the big, fat blister I had on my foot with a band aid and some tape. Walked over to the starting area and read all of the "Hero Boards" that the runners made in honor of their loved ones that have or had cancer. The gentleman that organized this race (which was in it's 2nd year) did so after his wife died of Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma. He went all out with this...having his daughters middle school choir sing a few songs and the National Anthem, recognizing other families fighting ACC, presenting a check for $40,000 to charity. He did an amazing job and it was pretty heart-wrenching listening to him choke up while talking about his wife.
Event warmup:

Stretched the tired, stiff legs. This was my third race in a week!
Run
  • 33m 44s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 10m 51s  min/mile
Comments:

It took me about a mile before my legs loosened up....they were very tight and still a bit sore from the last 5K I'd run on Wednesday night. Mostly, I have issues with my mental strength, and this was a great race for me. I tried to think about anything other than running...the pretty houses, the people I was running by, anything that would keep me from thinking about my legs or how tired I was. And I was able to pound through the run and finish strong!
What would you do differently?:

Jog to warm up...loosen the legs.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked a lap on the track, had some water, checked out the times and then hit the road.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Tired, sore legs.

Event comments:

Great race for a great cause. You can tell that the organizer was very passionate about helping to find a cure for ACC. I will do this one again next year.

Last updated: 2009-04-25 12:00 AM
Running
00:33:44 | 03.11 miles | 10m 51s  min/mile
Age Group: 5/9
Overall: 139/210
Performance: Average
Course: Great flat course through a beautiful neighborhood.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-05-11 12:06 PM

Master
Subject: Live Like Andi Walk, Run and Fashion Walk
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Live Like Andi Walk, Run and Fashion Walk Rss Feed