Right Moves for Youth
70F / 21C
Overcast
Total Time = 26m 52s
Overall Rank = 539/1696
Age Group = Clydesdale
Age Group Rank = 62/130
Pre-race routine:

Met up with Christa and her hubby and got our race packets, timing chips, just basically mingled in the crowd with our friends before the race start. We just happenned to run into Christa when we were getting our timing chips so we decided to start the race with her and hubby...she eventually left me and GyGy in the dust..but we started out together!
Event warmup:

Nothing really - moved into the race start about 5 min before start..made our way toward the front so we would not have a crowd to weave through as we got started. Got my mp3 player set for my running tunes..chatted with GyGy and Christa...
Run
  • 26m 52s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 38s  min/mile
Comments:

This was a fun run...and to have the chance to run with the running queen herself...GyGy...made it that!! Last time we ran together in a race was Cooper River BR last year!! So this was a long over due opportunity to have a run with my coach and mentor!!! Good run..and we crossed the finish line together just like I told her we would!!
What would you do differently?:

Nothing..had a great time and run!!
Post race
Warm down:

Drank some Poweraide and went over to a message tent to have my hamstrings worked out a lil..they were kinda tight..and the massage therapist did exactly what I needed!! felt great...then after GyGy had her's we went inside the Atrium and grabbed some food.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing really besides the normal stuff, crowds, slower runners, and the hill factor...other then that it was nice...weather was perfect..nice cool breeze and no real heat issues...it was much better then last year!

Last updated: 2009-05-12 12:00 AM
Running
00:26:52 | 03.11 miles | 08m 38s  min/mile
Age Group: 62/130
Overall: 539/1696
Performance: Good
No HR data - I rarely wear mine anymore as I am accustomed to listening to my body...it tells me when I am pushin it too much now and since I have a solid base...I can judge when I am on target or not. I knew this was not going to be a placing run for me - it was all about fun factor and just enjoying it with GyGy..
Course: Uptown Charlotte..moderately hilly...but nothing really crushing...one hill was kinda of a pain but it was not long...it was not a bad course imho...
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 5
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-05-12 9:27 AM

User image

Veteran
Charlotte, NC
Subject: Twilight 5k Run

2009-05-13 7:01 PM
in reply to: #2145509

User image

Charlotte, NC
Subject: RE: Twilight 5k Run
SWEET!  I looked for you guys at the end.... I must have missed you while I was trying not to pass out...HaHa!  It is good to see you guys again...great race.  Are you doing the King Tiger?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Twilight 5k Run Rss Feed