Thruston Racing
60F / 16C
Sunny
Total Time = 2h 03m
Overall Rank = 89/381
Age Group = M 30 - 34
Age Group Rank = 14/21
Pre-race routine:

Didn't get too good of a nights sleep the nights leading up to race....not nerves, just found myself watching crap on TV. Ate well the night before (rice and chicken) and made sure I drank a lot of water / powerade the night before.....to atleast go to bed hydrated
Event warmup:

5 minute stretch (about 10 minutes too short), gu and shot blox 15 minutes before....topped off with powerade and water before. Should have gone to the bathroom before, but there were 5 port-o-potties and a line about 40 deep. Thought I would be fine....thought wrong.
Run
  • 2h 03m
  • 13.1 miles
  • 09m 23s  min/mile
Comments:

While this was a PR for me, I don't think that I did as well as I should have. I felt good through about mile 8, but was zapped out by then. Mile 12 was okay, mile 13 sucked.....sprint to finish.
What would you do differently?:

Not start out so fast.....first mile was 8:15, second - forth was 8:45, then dwindled down from there.

Pee before race. This is race #2 where I've had to detour to pee.
Post race
Warm down:

Stuck around for about 5 minutes.....walked slowly to the truck then sucked down a recovery drink and headed to the house.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

They needed one more water stop.....other than that...it was all on me. Don't know what "limited" me...other than me. 3rd Half ever and improved every time.

Event comments:

This was a 'no frills' race, so the expectation of "post race activities" was not there. It cost $45 to run....you get a shirt and a finishers medal. Not bad at all.

I will do a truston race again.

Last updated: 2009-05-12 12:00 AM
Running
02:03:00 | 13.1 miles | 09m 23s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/21
Overall: 0/381
Performance: Average
Course: Very flat.....2 "hills" but good course. They had to change the course due to the "north trail" being flooded out due to the recent rains. Ran 2/3's around the lake....out and back.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No