Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Run
  • 3h 52m 4s
  • 26.2 miles
  • 08m 52s  min/mile
Comments:

I had never done longer than a half which usually takes me around 1:40 so I tried to go out slow. Started 8:20 miles which slowed as the race went on but I was amazed with each mile how great I felt. I kept waiting for it to suck. Finally at about 22 miles it really started to hurt but I just kept chugging along.It was scary to see all the people walking and streching out cramps, not sure why it wasn't me. At mile 25 Mary and Nick were outside the hotel chearing me on which felt great. The end of the race you go through the players tunnel into Laumbeau Field do a lap around the field and exit to the finish which is cool. Except when you have some 13.1 walkers three wide.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing. I felt really good until the last few miles. My only goals were to not get hurt with the tri season finally about to start in Wisconsin and if possible come in under 4 hrs.
Post race
Warm down:

It is Wisconsin so post race is beer and brats. I knew I couldn't handle a brat so I grabed a beer. Had to keep moving because I was afraid that if I stopped I would turn into one giant cramp.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing for first time, only starting running 3 yrs ago and only doing it to get ready for tri season which is what I really enjoy.

Event comments:

Had a blast will likely do next year

Last updated: 2009-05-18 12:00 AM
Running
03:52:04 | 26.2 miles | 08m 52s  min/mile
Age Group: 99/
Overall: 597/
Performance: Good
Course: Course great for first timer. Lots of shade and very flat and in good condition. Lots of aid/med stations and porta poties along the way. The community support was great as well especially the 30 foot wall and screaming people at mile 20.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes