United States
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 49m 30s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Went to work...made sure to drink water! Had some trail mix after work (5ish - race started at 7) and more water.
Event warmup:

Didn't really do anything special...
Run
  • 49m 30s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 15m 55s  min/mile
Comments:

I started in the "Non-Competitive" wave that was supposed to be anyone over 30 minute time. There were SOOO many people (they said just under 18,000!!), it probably took 5 minutes for the herd to get passed the start line. I then started jogging and was probably going at a faster pace than normal, once I felt myself tiring (probably only about 1/4 mile...) I slowed down and tried to get in my rhythym. But I had dodge people the entire race. I didn't understand after jogging for a mile that I was still going around walkers (I realize later on that some had been running/ jogging...but some of the walkers in the 1st mile didn't even look like they had broken a sweat). I was dissapointed because I think I only jogged about a mile straight and then was doing run/walk combo as I got tired. My goal was to finish the race in 45 minutes...considering it probably took about 5 minutes to get to the finish line - I was pretty close to that time!
What would you do differently?:

Get my mile speed up so I can start BEFORE the walkers.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked back to the tent with my hot water, grabbed a colder water from the tent had my Jimmy John's and had a sit and stretched my legs.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Having to dodge people...I probably added about 1/2 mile just zig-zagging around people!

Event comments:

The race was pretty well run, but they had water about a tenth of a mile into the race and then at the 3 mile mark! It was a fairly warm day and I REALLY could've used water at around the 2 mile mark!! SO MANY PEOPLE!

Last updated: 2009-05-22 12:00 AM
Running
00:49:30 | 03.11 miles | 15m 55s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Course: It wasn't too bad - some inclines and declines, but nothing too bad.
Keeping cool Average Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-05-22 8:16 AM

User image

Elite
Puyallup, WA
Subject: JP Morgan Corporate Challenge

2010-04-15 9:40 AM
in reply to: #2167658

User image

Extreme Veteran
Chicago
Subject: RE: JP Morgan Corporate Challenge
I ran this last year too.  It was really, really crowded.  I did not have a GPS but I read that this is actually a 3.5 mile course so you're time was even better!   Way to fight through the crowds.  Are you doing it again this year?
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » JP Morgan Corporate Challenge Rss Feed