United States
77F / 25C
Sunny
Total Time = 28m 40s
Overall Rank = 163/390
Age Group = 30-34
Age Group Rank = 7/11
Pre-race routine:

Woke up @ 5:15am had quick banana and gel. Sipped Gatorade on the way. Got there early and registered then waited in the bathroom line.
Event warmup:

Did about a .25 mile warm up with Scott and then walked to starting line.
Run
  • 28m 40s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 09m 15s  min/mile
Comments:

This was second race running as a guide for Scott. He is a 17 year old boy with Autism, but a heck of a runner. We met in the morning and he looked excited in his new shoes! His dad helped him stretch and then I took him for light warm up and then walk to start. We did a 8:50 first mile and neither of us were going very hard. He is capable of a 25 minute 5k, but I need to get better at my motivational techniques! He always asks where his parents are and never stops saying hello to other runners and asking them what they had for breakfast... I have so much fun it never feels like running.
What would you do differently?:

Nothing really. I will get better at finding the right buttons to push for Scott. He is FAST @ times and I can harldy catch up. Then he slows to walk etc. Overall thought, he is doing really well off/on the track. Another fun run with Scott and his family.
Post race
Warm down:

After Scott crossed the line we walked to his parents and congradualted him. They were staying for kids run and I took off to run course again to make up for lost long run this weekend. Second time was around 24 minutes and I felt fresh. This might be a great PR course as mentioned next year.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing... We will look to break 28 minutes next time we run together. Eventually getting to 24-25 minutes!

Event comments:

Good small race with under 400 people. Well organized seeing that most registered that day (including myself)... Weather was also bad days leading up which may have played a part. But we had GREAT weather and perfect conditions. Would do again.

Last updated: 2009-05-26 12:00 AM
Running
00:28:40 | 03.1 miles | 09m 15s  min/mile
Age Group: 7/11
Overall: 163/390
Performance: Average
Course: Nice course in corporate business park. Lots of trees with shade and wide roads to run on. Thsi could be a PR course if looking for it.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes