General Discussion Race Reports! » Kansas City Corporate Challenge 5K Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Kansas City Corporate Challenge 5K - Run5k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
United States
Kansas City Corporate Challenge
55F / 13C
Total Time = 20m 10s
Overall Rank = 101/1908
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 15/167
Event warmup:

Cold morning that started off windy. Walked 200 yards from parking spot to registration. Light jog to starting line.
Run
  • 20m 10s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 06m 29s  min/mile
Comments:

Going into this race I did not think I would have a good run based on my training runs had gone before hand. Very cold at the start as everyone was standing around and shivering waiting for the start; which a little bit later than scheduled. Despite being cold at the start once the gun went off I warmed up in a hurry and was comfortable the rest of the way. We passed a few deers along the way, but they didn't feel like racing us. Ran a new PR of 20:10 according to my watch; however this was not a chip timed event so had to stand in line at the chute to have the tag ripped off my bib. General consensus was that everyone's "official" time was slower than what their actual time was.
Post race

Last updated: 2009-05-27 12:00 AM
Running
00:20:10 | 03.11 miles | 06m 29s  min/mile
Age Group: 0/167
Overall: 0/1908
Performance: Good
Course: Loop course. The start was down hill and ended on an up hill run - difficult to race hard to the finish. There were a couple of hills in the middle that were long and gradual enough to make it seem not so painful.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?