General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Technical Shirt, Chaffing Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-05-29 6:54 AM

User image

Bowmanville
Subject: Technical Shirt, Chaffing

Last night I completed my first true brick, 20km bike, 5km run, yeah me! Anyhow, I wore an adidas technical shirt, tight fitting, but still has movement of its own.  It was wet, light rain, humid and foggy.  All that moisture soaked the shirt, and the result was wicked chaffing of my chest and sensitive bits of my chest.  What I am wondering is that common with technical shirts, and if I am going to wear a compression shirt for my swim in my sprint will it yield the same results when i bike and run, or will the compression shirt be better suited for this, and not leave me fearing a shirt the next day?

2009-05-29 7:09 AM
in reply to: #2180294

User image

Davenport, IA
Subject: RE: Technical Shirt, Chaffing
melnick - 2009-05-29 6:54 AM

Last night I completed my first true brick, 20km bike, 5km run, yeah me! Anyhow, I wore an adidas technical shirt, tight fitting, but still has movement of its own.  It was wet, light rain, humid and foggy.  All that moisture soaked the shirt, and the result was wicked chaffing of my chest and sensitive bits of my chest.  What I am wondering is that common with technical shirts, and if I am going to wear a compression shirt for my swim in my sprint will it yield the same results when i bike and run, or will the compression shirt be better suited for this, and not leave me fearing a shirt the next day?

Are you planning on wearing a tri-top or a technical shirt for your race?
2009-05-29 7:21 AM
in reply to: #2180294

User image

Regular
Columbia, SC
I wouldn't say this is typical of a tech shirt but I do have a couple shirts that always seem to do this. Not sure if it's the shirt itself or what but if I don't 'lube' up when wearing those shirts I chafe. But 90% of all tech shirts I wear do not do this. It has been many, many years since I've worn anything other than a tech shirt but I would venture to say cotton would be much worse in those conditions.
2009-05-29 7:39 AM
in reply to: #2180327

User image

Bowmanville
I planned on wearing a tri top or compression shirt for the swim, run , bike.
But am considering going shirtless for swim, then put on a technical tank, or compression for the bike run.
Just dont want to be struggling to put on a shirt in t1 from my swim.
I keep hearing a compression, tight fitting shirt would be fine, or a tri top designed for the swim is supposed to be good to.
Trying to avoid the wetsuit, cost and convenience.  My swimming isnt perfect, but it isnt that bad, and since it is only a sprint, with a 750m swim, i am not over concerned about needing a wetsuit.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Technical Shirt, Chaffing Rss Feed