Norway, Maine
United States
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 50m
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

This was my first ever triathlon! I figured I'd just register race-morning b/c the website said that was allowed. They ran out of swim caps and numbers and weren't going to let us race, but the wonderful race director figured it out and about 20 people raced as Team Unofficial. No times/chips, not allowed in transition area, started 5 minutes after the last wave but we signed waivers and got to race- I was so excited. Plus, a 20 person swim start is WAY better!
Event warmup:

Being my first race and all I didn't know people warmed-up, lol. My pre-race routine was going to a greek-russian wedding the night before, being force-fed 4 shots of "special" vodka and getting about 3hrs of sleep. I love how supportive my friends are :P
Swim
  • 23h 00m
  • 1094 yards
  • 2h 06m 11s / 100 yards
Comments:

again my times are approx as we had no chips. Luckily we knew our start time and there was a very big clock and my dad tried to remember all my times.

Swimming is my best event so I was psyched about the longer than usual swim and it was a PR for me at that distance.
Transition 1
  • 00m
Comments:

since we were Unofficial, we were just outside Transition area and had TONS of room- lol so nice!
Bike
  • 40h 00m
  • 9.32 miles
  • 0.23 mile/hr
Comments:

OMG that hill beat me up and kicked my to the curb. I actually had to get off and push the bike up the last bit but thankfully a bunch of others were doing it too!

No crazy hill for 2009- thank the lord!
Transition 2
  • 00m
Run
  • 39h 00m
  • 3.11 miles
  • 12h 32m 25s  min/mile
Comments:

walked a few times, i was exhausted. It was really warm out too, i competed in just a sports bra and tri shorts and was dumping water on myself at the water stations.
What would you do differently?:

train track and field as a child. I think Runners have a natural advantage at traithlons! My only running was in soccer- sprint, walk sprint walk, lol maintaining a constant pace has been a slow learning curve for me!
Post race
Event comments:

Its a small race, only 125 people, and parking is right at the transition area which is so nice, although i did get blocked in for bit when i tried to leave. luckily i wasn't in a big hurry :) I love this race and the longer swim it has.

Last updated: 2009-06-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
23:00:00 | 1094 yards | 2h 06m 11s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit: NO SUIT needed- and i swam w/o goggles
Course: the course was definitely a tad over .6 miles, Out, over and back marked with GIGANTIC float/boat things so very easy to see.
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Good Remainder:
Breathing: Good Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:00
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
40:00:00 | 9.32 miles | 0.23 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: long straight road that gently goes a bit up, then gently goes a bit down to the halfway point. Then the biggest *%&$! hill I've ever seen on a bike. then back. The hill has been removed from the course for 2009- the new course is just straight out and back, gently rolling.
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:00
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
39:00:00 | 03.11 miles | 12h 32m 25s  min/mile
Performance:
Course: parts were very shady which was nice, its a lollipop which is also nice because the incoming runners always cheer for us slowpokes, so nice!
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes