General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Triathlon Sunday Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-03 7:24 PM

User image

Subject: First Triathlon Sunday
My first triathlon is this Sunday in San Dimas, CA. I feel good about the distances, but am pretty nervous about the transition. Both setting them up and the actual process during the race. Also I have never been in a biking event so I'm pretty unsure of what to expect during the biking leg.

Any words of wisdom for a newbie? I get into CA Friday morning and plan on taking a look at the actual course and getting in a short swim and bike.

2009-06-03 7:52 PM
in reply to: #2193491

User image

Master
Victoria, BC
Subject: RE: First Triathlon Sunday
Just try to relax and have fun. Your first race should be about the experience, and not the results.

Remember to keep it basic. You swim. Then you go to your stuff, take off your swim stuff and put on your bike stuff. Then you bike. Then you go to your stuff, take off your bike stuff and put on your run stuff. Then you run. THEN YOU CROSS THE FINISH LINE! Easy peasy! You can totally do this! ;-)

As for how to set up transitions - check out the videos here on BT.

And then don't worry about it. Just don't take up too much space in transition, thank the volunteers, and smile when you cross that finish line.
2009-06-03 7:58 PM
in reply to: #2193491

User image

Subject: RE: First Triathlon Sunday

Biking, stay to your right.  Pass on the LEFT. 

For transitions, mentally go through it in your head. 

Read this: http://beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=146326&start=1

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Triathlon Sunday Rss Feed