Tri-Mom Events, LLC
60sF / 0C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 24m 6s
Overall Rank = 206/375
Age Group = 35-39
Age Group Rank = 27/38
Pre-race routine:

Got there early (6 a.m.) with CKinsey and odonohuep - set up transition, checked out the bikes, met up with some other T3 members: Gene, Keith, Jody, Kevin and Cole - chatted it up and waited for pre-race meeting to start.
Event warmup:

Decided not to swim - thinking the water temp was about the same as Wednesday was..................ahh, did I have a rude awakening coming. Didn't want to be cold before the race, so decided not to take the dip.
Swim
  • 16m 37s
  • 600 yards
  • 02m 46s / 100 yards
Comments:

Where to start? Wave swim start - thought I did better than my first OWS in that I wasn't in the middle of the pack - actually, I passed a few peeps in the first 100 yds and thought I was doing really well - rounded the first bouy and still felt decent - maybe too good, I guess, cause I apparently was moving like a tug boat - on the long back straight of the triangle, I got passed like I wasn't moving by a gal doing the backstroke - I thought to myself: whatever? psh - I can do that, I'm just choosing to swim freestyle - haha. Sighting was good the whole time - never really got "off course" - which is good, cause I don't do enough sighting practice.
What would you do differently?:

Just more open water and pool time - other than hiring a swim coach, I guess I just need to continue to get reps in the pool - idk - just a slow swimmer? My kicking does need desperate help though - I feel like I just drag my legs through the swim. Good news: My first OWS, I thought I was going to die - couldn't breath, panicked, etc - today, I was comfortable the whole time, swam freestyle the whole time, and didn't panic. Just slow!
Transition 1
  • 01m 43s
Comments:

Little slower than I had hoped for - think transition is an art that I am far from perfecting at this point. No major hang-ups

Maybe select a better rack with such a large transition area - seems like that added some time as well.
Bike
  • 37m 40s
  • 13 miles
  • 20.71 mile/hr
Comments:

Overall, I pleased with my bike today - but never satisfied. I have shown improvement, which is the main thing. Really enjoyed the bike today and look forward to getting faster - looking into some new tires and aero helmet - prolly get the tires first - $$$.

There are some things I can do wit my bike yet to pick up a couple tenths - would like to get consistently over 21 mph. Prolly a couple inclines on the course where I could have pushed a little more, but again, happy with the bike.
Transition 2
  • 01m 33s
Comments:

I say average, cause again, transitions are a work in progress. I successfully dismounted while leaving my shoes clipped in again - please with that. Legs felt a little wobbly, but the long run to my bike rack cured that! I also did not wear socks today - which helped.

I unstrapped my shoes a little early - wait a little longer for that - again, maybe pick a diff rack.
Run
  • 26m 31s
  • 3.1 miles
  • 08m 33s  min/mile
Comments:

Again, ran with my Zoots, no socks and no blisters! Very excited about that. Felt good the whole time on the run - one of my best Tri 5ks - think I was faster than both my early season straight 5k runs

Need to push myself a little more to pick up the pace early on and settle in - again, a little sluggish out of T2 - even though I said I wouldn't be - lol. Did not wear Garmin - which I liked thistime, cause I didn't want to limit myself - just push more.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and waited for other T3 finishers to come in - checked results - ate some grub - watched the awards - man, there were some FAST peeps there today! Got our T3 pic taken - CKinsey got interviewed by Triathlon Life magazine - LMFAO!!!! j/k - a smaller magazine, but the point is, he didn't ask to interview me! haha Again, T3 getting lots of Love at the races!

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Myself!

Event comments:

Very well organzied race, lots of competitors and volunteers! The Tri-Sharks put on a GREAT show. Thank you Tri-Sharks! Had a Blast!!

Last updated: 2009-05-30 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:16:37 | 600 yards | 02m 46s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/38
Overall: 0/375
Performance: Below average
Suit: No wet suit - tri gear only
Course: Counter-clockwise swim in Evergreen Lake - triangle
Start type: Wade Plus: Waves
Water temp: 71F / 22C Current: Medium
200M Perf. Average Remainder: Below average
Breathing: Good Drafting: Below average
Waves: Below average Navigation: Good
Rounding: Good
T1
Time: 01:43
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
No
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
00:37:40 | 13 miles | 20.71 mile/hr
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Out and back - some rolling and small inclines, but nothing I would call a hill.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Average Cornering: Average
Gear changes: Average Hills: Average
Race pace: Hard Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:33
Overall: Average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Average
Jumping off bike Average
Running with bike Average
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
00:26:31 | 03.1 miles | 08m 33s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: Out and back - few inclines and warm!
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-06-06 1:26 PM

User image

Subject: Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon

2009-06-06 3:24 PM
in reply to: #2199132

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pekin, IL
Subject: RE: Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon
Excellent race, man.  Happy you got in and did well.  Let's rock that Tremont Tri!!!
2009-06-06 8:55 PM
in reply to: #2199262

User image

Thanks man.......glad I got to race too! They put on a great event there - let's do the same in Tremont and have T3 in the front of the pack!
2009-06-08 12:20 AM
in reply to: #2199132

User image

Regular
Great job!!! Cant wait to Race you all in Tremont!!!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tri-Shark Classic Triathlon Rss Feed