none
73F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 29m 37s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group = 30-39
Age Group Rank = 3/3
Pre-race routine:

Started with breakfast for supper the night before. Eggs and pancakes for protein and carbs. Sipped on some water when I got up, and in the 1/2 hour before the race.
Event warmup:

Walked 6 blocks with Daniel, then went through my stretch routine. Jogged a little bit about 10 minutes before the race. Went and talked with friends. That kind of took me out of "the zone" (if I have one). Wasn't really prepared for the horn when it blew. Was expecting a loud airhorn, and instead was a muffled horn on a pickup. Didn't get the best start due to that.
Run
  • 29m 37s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 09m 31s  min/mile
Comments:

Wish we had a drink station at some point. Would have been nice. I'll suggest setting up some hydration at the 1 mile mark on the course next year. Wanted to finish without stopping to walk, and I did!!! That's a 3-month-old goal of mine!!!
What would you do differently?:

Still figuring out what kind of shirt to wear that won't be too hot and won't shift a bunch when I run. My tank top just rubbed me the wrong way today.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around some. Sipped some more water. Stood and talked to friends. Sat on Little Dave's tailgate and drank my door prize (some red G2). Jogged/walked to community center for Waffle Man. Waffles didn't sit so well after the run, but were good (I had a good sugar buzz going, too!!!)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not staying mentally prepped right up to the start. Not listening to the directions on what kind of horn we would have.

Event comments:

Couldn't be happier with my performance today. Ran my heart out. Had a moment of truth in the last mile, but plowed through the wall and finished strong. Thank you, LORD!

Last updated: 2009-02-06 12:00 AM
Running
00:29:37 | 03.11 miles | 09m 31s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/3
Overall: 0/
Performance: Good
Mile 1 in 9:19, mile 2.1 in 10:37, mile 3 in 9:41. Fell off some in the last mile.
Course: Course was reasonable. Slight grade changes made it interesting. The last 1/2 mile is deceiving because you think you're going downhill to the finish. The downhill only lasts a couple of blocks, though, and then it's a slight incline through the finish.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Not enough
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? No
Plenty of drinks? No
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2009-06-06 11:49 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Sam Wymore Days 5k

2009-06-07 11:17 AM
in reply to: #2199771

User image

Veteran
Beatrice NE.
Subject: RE: Sam Wymore Days 5k

Great job yesterday Clayton!  You looked good coming across the finish line, keep it up.

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Sam Wymore Days 5k Rss Feed