General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Products for pre- and post-race/training hydration/recovery Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-07 8:46 PM

Subject: Products for pre- and post-race/training hydration/recovery
I've been overwhelmed with information on products to use before and after a race or training. Some are for electrolyte replacement; others for recovery. Some have protein, some don't. Can someone recommend products they like. I'd be more apt to use them if they tasted good too...

Thanks

2009-06-07 9:14 PM
in reply to: #2200881

User image

Extreme Veteran
Davidson
Subject: RE: Products for pre- and post-race/training hydration/recovery

I use Endurox R4 and it seems to help me with recovery.  It seems like I am not as sore and tired the day after a really long ride as I used to be when I didn't use any 'recovery specific' drink.  I think you will find most people will definitely recommend something with protein in it for use immediately after your workouts.  It helps repair your damaged muscle tissue just when your body is needing it.  Not too much disagreement out there about that.  You also need a good dose of carbs as well.

As far as taste, I like the taste of the Orange flavor of R4.  However, I will say that all of the recovery drinks I have tried taste a lot better right after a workout when you are real thirsty.  I premix it in an empty 64oz. Gatorade bottle so it is ready for use and cold when I want it.  You always want to give it a good shake before drinking.

Greg

2009-06-07 9:20 PM

I keep it simple.  Before, water and food.  After, chocolate milk.  They work great, it's just water, food and chocolate milk don't have big triathlon focus in their marketing.
2009-06-07 9:47 PM

I'll give Endurox a try after a long training session and after a race. I'll have to try chocolate milk. You're right, it doesn't get the hype...
2009-06-07 10:05 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Denton
I really like Accelerade after.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Products for pre- and post-race/training hydration/recovery Rss Feed