General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon Festival - My First/ Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon Festival - My First/ - Triathlon

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Buford, Georgia
United States
Total Time = 1h 18m 7s
Overall Rank = 123/668
Age Group = 25-29
Age Group Rank = 4/8
Pre-race routine:

Ate 2 bananas, Clif Bar. Drank gatorade. Ate a GU Roctane 15 minutes before race.
Swim
  • 09m 50s
  • 402 meters
  • 02m 26s / 100 meters
Comments:

Didn't give out swim caps which wasn't an issue for me since I have short hair, but thought this was odd. They started all 200 my nexters at once. I was in the back. Took me a little while to get through the crowd. Everyone pretty much ran the last 25-50 yards. Felt pretty winded coming out of the water.
Transition 1
  • 01m 39s
Comments:

I was set up in the back of transition which meant I had to walk my bike a good ways going in and out of transition. Everyone racked at the front had an advantage.
What would you do differently?:

Get there earlier to get a better spot.
Bike
  • 41m
  • 12 miles
  • 17.56 mile/hr
Comments:

Felt awful on bike. Thought I was going to throw up at the top of one of the hills. Cramped up. Took it pretty slow to save myself for the run. Drank bottle of Accelerade.
Transition 2
  • 01m 19s
Comments:

Again, had a disadvantage b/c had to walk my bike a good ways then run a good bit to get out of transition.
Run
  • 24m 18s
  • 3 miles
  • 08m 06s  min/mile
Comments:

Either this was not 3 miles or I ran really fast. I think they took off some for the run since the distance from the water to T1 was so long. I've never run 8 minute miles. Felt good on the run after feeling bad on bike.
Post race
Event comments:

We had about 7-8 from our company tri team at this event. This race apparently targeted first timers to the sport. It was not a USAT sanctioned event and was not very well organized. There were few volunteers and the ones that they did have were not very helpful. One of the volunteers pointed the wrong direction and led one of our team members the wrong way on the bike. No food at the finish line, limited bathrooms. There were a lot of spectators which was about the only nice thing. The course was not ideal for a tri. There is another race here in October which I was planning on doing, but will probably not do anymore. I expected a lot more for the $89 entry fee.

Last updated: 2008-12-11 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:09:50 | 402 meters | 02m 26s / 100meters
Age Group: 0/8
Overall: 0/668
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: Shallow water along shoreline. About 1/8 mile from water to transition- up a steep hill.
Start type: Run Plus: Waves
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 01:39
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:41:00 | 12 miles | 17.56 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course: A few big hills. 6 mile loop
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:19
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:24:18 | 03 miles | 08m 06s  min/mile
Performance: Good
Course: One big hill at the start, followed by a few small hills then a big hill right before the finish line. Had to go up and down stairs.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-06-08 9:28 PM

Subject: Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon Festival - My First/

2009-06-09 10:29 AM
in reply to: #2203946

User image

Veteran
Decatur GA
Subject: RE: Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon Festival - My First/
great job, your comments mirrored my experience too, sorry about the issues on the bike...on to the next one!
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Lanier Islands Triathlon Festival - My First/ Rss Feed