General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB: Front End -- Aero Bars, Base Bar, Brake Levers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2009-06-09 11:33 PM

New user

Subject: WTB: Front End -- Aero Bars, Base Bar, Brake Levers
I just got a new frame and I need a different front end to go with it. My current setup (Profile Aero Lite) has too much stack height for the new frame. I'll consider anything you might have, but I'm specifically looking for something with pads that sit down low to the base bar. I need everything though: new aero bars, a base bar, and brake levers. I'd love to buy it all at once as a complete package, but I'll consider any combination(s) of the aforementioned parts. I'd REALLY like to find a set of Profile T2 aero bars (The carbon version would be even better)...but I'm curious to see what other options might be available. My price range is flexible depending on what you've got, but I am trying to build this up as economically as possible so I'm probably not interested in the really high-end integrated setups.

2009-06-10 7:52 AM
in reply to: #2206740

User image

Expert
Near Tampa
Subject: RE: WTB: Front End -- Aero Bars, Base Bar, Brake Levers
I just sold my out of the box (condition A+) T2+ aero bars to a friend for $50, (that's friends price - regularly I would have asked $75 or more but he's just getting a new bike too) expect to pay +$100 for used in almost new condition and less according to condition, you can probably find a used-round base bar for $15-20 but aero tubing is going to cost over $50. 

I do still have the PROFILE QuickStop (QS2) brake levers (Alloy) in A- condition.  I paid $70+s/h or you can find them brand new at (see link) I am asking a flat $45; tax and s/h included.

http://www.all3sports.com/product_info.php?pName=profile-design-quick-stop-27075-T6 series aluminum construction

• Forged ergonomic lever & body
  • Return spring to relieve friction from aero cable routing
  • Internal cable exit
  • Shot peened & anodized finish
  • Matte black
  • 188g

I am giving you all this info as you mention the specific items but also say you're on a budget... there are good products from other brands that don't cost so much as these, specially for a starter triathlete.  

Good luck! - and let me know about the QS's

2009-06-10 8:11 AM

User image

Veteran
I have a 40cm Specialized Zertz Transition bullhorn basebar (alloy) with brake levers - all black - in great condition that I'd sell you for $25. Unfortunately, I sold the c/f Profile Design Cobra +T2 aero bars separately (right here on BT's classifieds!) If you're interested, send me a pm with your email address and I'll take some pics and flip them back to you tonight. Cheers, -j
2009-06-10 8:21 AM

Extreme Veteran
Connecticut

I have a almost brand new set of the Integrated Vision Aerobars with the really nice caliper breaks. I maybe did 300miles on them before I upgraded to HED Blackdogs.

They came stock on my 2008 Cervelo P3C. I wasn't planning on selling them as I like to collect junk but I probably should.

Let me know if you are interested....

2009-06-10 7:29 PM

New user

I'd like to thank everyone who has responded so far.... PM's have been sent.

If anyone else sees this thread and has some or all of these parts available, I'm still open to exploring other options. I've got pretty specific stack and reach measurements that I'd like to arrive at, so I'm trying to select components wisely...but I know, beggars can't be choosers.
2009-06-10 7:49 PM

User image

Elite
Raleigh

I have a brand new set of the Bontrager full carbon XXX Lite Aerobar, It is one of the lightest and fastest bars available and has fully-adjustable extensions and arm rests make it easy to dial-in the  aero position. Weight 630 grams. Width 42 cm.

Race XXX Lite Carbon Aerobar 1

MSRP: $699.99

Will sell for $400.

2009-06-10 8:41 PM

New user

Doug, those bars would be perfect for me! Unfortunately, that's just more than I've got in the bike budget right now.
2009-06-11 10:52 PM

New user

I'd like to extend a big thank you to everyone who responded to my request. Everyone was very kind and extremely generous. I've found everything I need now, so I'm all set. I don't know how to close/delete a thread, but this one can be considered finished if somebody is moderating the forum.
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » WTB: Front End -- Aero Bars, Base Bar, Brake Levers Rss Feed