General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Audiophile Athletes out there? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-12 12:47 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2009-06-12 4:05 AM
in reply to: #2212414

Subject: RE: Any Audiophile Athletes out there?
I have had the E2s for two years and I love them. I wear them every time I ride and run (and mow the lawn). They sound great and block out most of the wind. There are no issues with "body noise".

Also, the wire came out of one of my ear buds and Sure sent me a brand new pair at no cost.
2009-06-12 4:58 AM

Resident Curmudgeon
The Road Back
Gold member
For what it's worth, I had a pair of Sennheisers that frayed withing six weeks of purchase. Contacted them and they sent a new pair, no charge. Still using that new pair, over a year later. I think they must of had a batch with bad insulation.

Worth a shot if you still have the old ones.
2009-06-12 7:34 AM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-06-12 7:41 AM

Extreme Veteran
Long Island, NY
I had the E2s and loved them while they worked but after about a year there was a loose connection that I would have to jostle the wire to get it to work.  Shortly after it stopped working all together.  I have not replaced them with a decent pair yet- just using the ipod earbuds.  
2009-06-12 7:42 AM

New user

Halifax-Dartmouth

I've been using the Bose in-ear headphones for about 6 months now and they have two big advantages over any other mid priced headphones I've used. First, they are not a true in-ear bud like the Shure's (which I've had and sold) so they do not completely block out external sound and second, they are absolutely the only headphones I've tried that can produce deep clear bass without being crammed all the way into your ear canal.
I don't know if I qualify as a true audiophile, but I've been a professional musician for 20 years and use Ultimate Ears molded in-ear monitors on stage. These of course can't be beat, but I don't really want to use 1000.00 headphones for running!
In my opinion and having owned both, the Bose are much safer for running (I personally never bike with headphones on) and stay in my ears much better than the Shure E2's that I had. The sound is also superior in my opinion and the sound stays the same throughout the workout whereas the Shure's would constantly start to slip out of my ear canal and therefore lose all bass response as soon as I started to really sweat. Since the Bose aren't actually in the canal, even when I get really sweaty (or run in the rain like yesterday), the sweet bass still keeps thumping and I can hear every vehicle around me.
Here's a link to their site and if you can get to a Bose store to try them out, I think you'll be sold.
http://www.bose.com 
It says they're 99.00 USD but I got mine on sale for 79.00 CAD so shop around.

Best of luck!

-Mike

2009-06-12 10:26 AM

I have Etamotic Research in ear phones (work like the Shure as far as noise reduction) but I cannot work out with them b/c of that "stethoscope effect" you get when your ears are plugged. You hear every movement of the cord.

I got the Sennheiser PMX70 a few years ago, and they're the best headphones for activity I have ever owned. great sound, good fit.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Any Audiophile Athletes out there? Rss Feed