General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dissertation Help!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-24 1:44 PM

Subject: Dissertation Help!!
Hi everyone!!

I need your help !!! My name is Vicki Goulding and i am currently conducting some research into mental toughness in sport. In particular i am interested in triathletes - of all levels of participation.

My study involves a quick and easy questionnaire that can be completed online. It usually costs £35, but i have been given permission by the developer, Dr. Clough, to use his questionnaire service for free!!!!

Once completed you will recieve by email a detailed explanation of your results. You don't just recieve a number out of 10, you recieve a complete breakdown into different sections. You will also recieve information regarding your development in different areas of mental toughness.

It's a really interesting study and many athletes who have already completed it have told me how much they enjoyed doing it and loved recieving the information about themselves.

If you would like to take part, please email me on: [email protected] or my hotmail address: [email protected]

Thank you so much!

Kind regards, Vicki.

2009-06-24 2:20 PM
in reply to: #2240282

User image

Master
Salt Lake City
Subject: RE: Dissertation Help!!
Funny.  Every time I volunteered to be a human guinea pig in college they paid me for my trouble.
2009-06-24 8:12 PM
in reply to: #2240282

User image

Master
FWIW I did the questionere, it was fairly quick and very easy.
Nothing overly personal, and who knows it might give me some insight into why I feel compelled to do this crazy sport.

Verga
2009-06-24 9:58 PM
in reply to: #2240405

User image

Champion
Columbia, South Carolina
JZig - 2009-06-24 3:20 PM Funny.  Every time I volunteered to be a human guinea pig in college they paid me for my trouble.

I interpreted it to mean that normally SHE would have to pay the 35 pounds, not you.  Anyway, I hope that's the right reading...

To OP:  Maybe you've gotten a great response rate, and if so, congrats.  I would suggest you could increase it by providing a bit more explanation of what the survey is for, how you intend to use the results, what exactly you are studying, etc.  Oh, and the phrase "a detailed explanation of your results" may be more off-putting than enticing.  Just sayin'.
2009-06-25 9:58 AM
in reply to: #2241459

User image

Elite
Gilbert, Az.
Experior - 2009-06-24 7:58 PM
JZig - 2009-06-24 3:20 PM Funny.  Every time I volunteered to be a human guinea pig in college they paid me for my trouble.

I interpreted it to mean that normally SHE would have to pay the 35 pounds, not you.  Anyway, I hope that's the right reading...

To OP:  Maybe you've gotten a great response rate, and if so, congrats.  I would suggest you could increase it by providing a bit more explanation of what the survey is for, how you intend to use the results, what exactly you are studying, etc.  Oh, and the phrase "a detailed explanation of your results" may be more off-putting than enticing.  Just sayin'.

Just a bump. It's a quick and easy survey, and it REALLY nailed me, I mean it got me so right it's freaky.

Took me a little over 5 minutes, and I got a nice breakdown of the results and how they are interpreted.

John
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Dissertation Help!! Rss Feed