General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Biking, Running near Saint Pete? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-06-28 6:32 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Biking, Running near Saint Pete?
I am moving to Saint Pete in August and was curious how the tri scene was there? Where is a good place to get a long bike ride? Any place to get a decent run? Maybe on a trail or something soft?

I am recovering from a foot injury (epic case of PF) that I have been fighting since IMLKY last year. Would love to find a nice soft surface and maybe get off the treadmill.

Thanks guys!

John

2009-06-28 1:20 PM
in reply to: #2248050

User image

Extreme Veteran
New Port Richey, FL
Subject: RE: Biking, Running near Saint Pete?

The Mad Dogs are based down there, I'm sure you'll be able to find one or two (or two hundred) people to train with.

2009-06-29 10:48 PM
in reply to: #2248050

Subject: RE: Biking, Running near Saint Pete?
Ft DeSoto is nice. Me and my brother usually leave from home and bike down to the fort early Sat morning, about 20 miles depending the route. Once there we run the 10-11 mile trail they have and then try our best to keep good pace home. Its paved for both runners and cyclists but its mowed about 3 feet on each side of the trail so you can run on the side. There's also the stairs up and down the fort for those wanting something extra. Dont really know of a padded trail other than at McDill AFB. Welcome to St. Pete.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Biking, Running near Saint Pete? Rss Feed