United States
80F / 27C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 07m 56s
Overall Rank = 18/163
Age Group = M 30-34
Age Group Rank = 1/13
Pre-race routine:

Flew back home and arrived at 8:30pm instead of the scheduled 4pm Friday night. Got up at 4am to head in to help set up triathlon. It was fun being a part of the race and watching people arrive.
Event warmup:

Got a short bike ride in to check the new chain and adjustments that were made while I was gone.
Got a quick 200 yards in the pool right before we started.
Swim
  • 07m 30s
  • 400 yards
  • 01m 53s / 100 yards
Comments:

About what I figured for this. Hadn't swam for over 1 week (re-occuring theme for this race). Felt alright in the water.
What would you do differently?:

More warmup. More training.
Transition 1
  • 00m 48s
Comments:

No hang ups here. 7th overall in T1.

More practice, hurry a little more, but really not bad.
Bike
  • 33m 22s
  • 12.9 miles
  • 23.20 mile/hr
Comments:

Another good ride for me. I love the bike. I really didn't think I pushed too hard on the bike. I thought my shifting was good and I had good gear choices. I did push up the hills and never came out of the big ring, but thought I was saving some for the run.
I started the swim with the first wave and there were only 2 out of T1 before me. I caught and passed them about mile 7. I was the first bike in, which was kinda fun, but I knew there were some very fast runners for the 2 teams that I had passed.

I guess maybe ease up a little, but I really didn't think I was pushing that hard. I hadn't been on the bike all week (told you you'd hear this again).
Transition 2
  • 00m 32s
Comments:

21st overall. Again no hang ups. There were quite a few first timers here who were not using clipless pedals, so they did not have to change shoes.

Nothing really, quick for me.
Run
  • 25m 42s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 16s  min/mile
Comments:

Wow, I just had no running legs. Could not get going at all. Frustrating because I knew it was not going well. I ran 7:12's here last year and ran 21:48 here on a stand alone 5k, 2 weeks ago.
I hear you Brandon, ease off the bike. I'm listening, it will sink in soon.

More run training, more long runs, more miles, more bricks, more, more, more.....
Only 2 decent runs all week, too much time sitting around at camp, but now the family is gone for the next 7 weeks :( so no excuse for lack of training.
Post race
Warm down:

Walked, cheered, and helped out with the rest of the tri. Then tore everything down and cleaned everything up.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

I drove my wife and 2 daughters out to PA for summer camp and flew back on Friday night.

2 weeks of bad training. 1st week of camp preparation and then a week at camp with limited training options.

Event comments:

I helped to organize and put on this race and thought it went off well. We will meet and see what went good and what needs to be changed. Any feedback is welcome.

Last updated: 2008-12-16 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:07:30 | 400 yards | 01m 53s / 100yards
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 51/163
Performance: Average
Suit:
Course: Lane swim. Each swimmer gets 1/2 a lane to themselves to complete the 400 yards.
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 83F / 28C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 00:48
Performance: Good
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:33:22 | 12.9 miles | 23.20 mile/hr
Age Group: 1/13
Overall: 5/163
Performance: Good
Wind: Little
Course: Out into the country make a square then back in. A couple of rough sections with rolling hills. Course was very well marked and volunteers at all corners and intersections.
Road: Rough Dry Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 00:32
Overall: Good
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:25:42 | 03.11 miles | 08m 16s  min/mile
Age Group: 3/13
Overall: 59/163
Performance: Bad
Course: Out in the country then back. Mostly flat, small, long incline on way back in.
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2009-06-28 9:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pekin, IL
Subject: Tremont Triathlon

2009-06-29 8:33 AM
in reply to: #2248154

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Tremont Triathlon
What a monster you are on the bike!!! I can only wish I was that good.  I know you had a rough week with camp, and your race sched. is a heavy one. despite it all you did good enough to bring home the hardware. Great Job.  Great Tri cant wait til next year.
2009-07-02 9:42 AM
in reply to: #2248154

User image

Expert
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Tremont Triathlon

Another solid race, CK!

The exciting thing is that knowing that your "BEST" race is still in your future.

~B

General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Tremont Triathlon Rss Feed