General Discussion Race Reports! » Philadelphia Triathlon in Fairmount Park - Sprint Distance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Philadelphia Triathlon in Fairmount Park - Sprint Distance - TriathlonSprint

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
United States
Philadelphia Triathlon, LLC
Total Time = 1h 34m 41s
Overall Rank = /
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 8/119
Pre-race routine:

Woke up later then normal races since I only live 5 minutes from race site :) Ate 2 packets oatmeal and sipped on gaterade. Got to race site, popped in headphones and focused. Had my morning constitutional twice...went for quick jog to warm up legs and got transition ready.
Swim
  • 15m 37s
  • 984 yards
  • 01m 35s / 100 yards
Comments:

Man, of all the races I do, the start at this race is always brutal. Don't know why, but I always get my ass beat. took my first ever punch to the jaw. It took a minute for it to register I got punched. I'm glad it didn't phase me like I always thought it would. I can thank my brothers for beating me up all those years. I'm conditioned to get my ass kicked, lol.
What would you do differently?:

Not much. I took 2' off last years time and I can say with 100% honesty I am hating swimming this year!. How can I be upset at that?
Transition 1
  • 02m 12s
Comments:

wetsuit got stuck...ugghhh

wetsuits get stuck from time to time, whaddya gonna do? I do need to get faster at this though. I definetly didn't feel the sense of urgency in T1.
Bike
  • 48m 18s
  • 14.91 miles
  • 18.52 mile/hr
Comments:

Well, I felt pretty great on the bike. I felt strong and confident. I was hitting pretty high mph on the flats and riding the hills good. I only got passed by one girl at the begining and passed quite a few myself. I took about 6' off last years time.

I would let myself work harder. I got my target power zones AFTER the race from my coach. I didn't even come close to hitting my projected Sprint race zones...not even close. Also, I have it in my head that if I hot 22mph I am going WAY fast. I need to realize that my skill level has improved dramatically and 22mph isn't all that fast for me anymore. Maybe 2 years ago it was, but today, I can maintain that. I held myself back big time and I'm bummed about that. You live, you learn
Transition 2
  • 01m 51s
Comments:

We had the longest run with our bikes in T2. I had unhooked my shoes and they were still attached to bike. I ran through T2 and felt I was going fast but yet I know there still wasn't a massive sense of urgency.

HTFU
Run
  • 26m 41s
  • 3.11 miles
  • 08m 35s  min/mile
Comments:

Man I hate my run...I hate that I let myself walk from time to time when I run...I need to be faster on my run. Granted, I still took 3' off last years time, but I could have done better. I left alot on the course for sure. I must have been passed by 4 girls in my AG. This has GOT TO STOP. It's disheartening and defeating to let this happen and I'm sick of it. Next season I am all about becoming a faster runner.

Push through the moments when I let myself stop and walk. I would only walk for maybe 5-10 seconds, so not alot for very long but COME ON AMANDA. I need to push those thoughts away from now on.
Post race
Warm down:

Nada, no need for warm down. I still had to ride for 2 hrs later in the day :)

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Me...I held myself back and didn't let myself fly

Last updated: 2009-07-01 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:15:37 | 984 yards | 01m 35s / 100yards
Age Group: 0/119
Overall: 0/
Performance:
Suit:
Course: loop...against current, across bridge, back downstrem
Start type: Plus:
Water temp: 0F / 0C Current:
200M Perf. Remainder:
Breathing: Drafting:
Waves: Navigation:
Rounding:
T1
Time: 02:12
Performance:
Cap removal: Helmet on/
Suit off:
Wetsuit stuck? Run with bike:
Jump on bike:
Getting up to speed:
Biking
00:48:18 | 14.91 miles | 18.52 mile/hr
Performance:
Wind:
Course:
Road:   Cadence:
Turns: Cornering:
Gear changes: Hills:
Race pace: Drinks:
T2
Time: 01:51
Overall:
Riding w/ feet on shoes
Jumping off bike
Running with bike
Racking bike
Shoe and helmet removal
Running
00:26:41 | 03.11 miles | 08m 35s  min/mile
Performance:
Course:
Keeping cool Drinking
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5]
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race?
Evaluation
Course challenge
Organized?
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers?
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2009-07-01 8:51 AM

Veteran
Philadelphia
Subject: Philadelphia Triathlon in Fairmount Park - Sprint Distance
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Philadelphia Triathlon in Fairmount Park - Sprint Distance Rss Feed