General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New but motivated Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-05 10:47 AM

Cedar Falls
Subject: New but motivated
Hi, I'm Peter Larson from Cedar Falls/Iowa City, IA.  I've been thinking of doing triathlons for a while here and I finally got everything I needed - I went out and purchased a bike the other day (it's a specialized bike...) I am a college student and I currently run track for my university.  I'm very excited about beginning a new "career." 

My current problem is trying to figure out what program I should be on.  I can handle more than a beginner program has to offer.  I tried using the calender thing and my own training log but it just doesn't seem to look at all like any of the pictures showed it to look.  I was also curious if it would be worth it/necessary to upgrade to the bronze or silver package, as a college student I don't have much money for that but I'd be willing to.

I would appreciate it if I could get ANY information at all! Thank you for everything, I will continue to look around the site and tinker with things - hopefully I'll figure something out. 

2009-07-05 12:50 PM
in reply to: #2262633

Regular
Subject: RE: New but motivated
I am assuming that you currently run cross country and distance events for your University.  If you are planning to run next season you need to consult your coach. Mine got quite upset when he caught me doing extra workouts but stated he was willing to work with me if I needed to do more or a variation of workouts.

I would take the base you have of running and start by adding some bikes and swims (you may already have some of these in your program; I did).  You will eventually need to cut back a little on the running and raise the amount of time you spend on the bike.
2009-07-05 9:39 PM
in reply to: #2262633

Cedar Falls
Subject: RE: New but motivated
I actually am not a distance runner but a long sprinter - I am able to handle my distance runs though, in High School I used long tempo runs to train in the off season.  My coach does not really care that I am doing anything extra-he thinks its just gonna help tone my body anyway, although I really wanna take it to the next level. 

I have been going for many bike rides and feel comfortable on a bike now so I am very happy about that.  it has gone pretty smoothly, I guess Cedar Falls has over 100 miles of trails so I did a little exploring tonight, only got lost once so I was pretty proud.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New but motivated Rss Feed