General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from St. Louis, MO Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-09 3:05 PM

Subject: Hi from St. Louis, MO

Hello everyone!  My name is Andy, I'm a 21 year old student, and getting ready for my first triathlon on Sunday here in St. Louis.  I joined this website a few months back and kinda looked around for a little bit before I decided to actually post on here (I don't like the word lurk, but that's pretty much what I've been doing).  Competing in a triathlon is one of those things that I've always wanted to do, and in April, I decided that I was actually going to do it.  I know people who say they wish they would've done one when they were younger, and that really sparked me to actually do something about it.  The closer I get to to Sunday, the more excited/nervous/anxious I get.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi, and was wondering if there was anyone else here also in the same triathlon at the South County YMCA.  The biggest part I'm worried about is the swimming (which I've noticed is similar to a lot of other people).  Also, I'm not exactly sure what to expect for the transitions, as I haven't really worried about that part until about two days ago. I'm pretty sure I'll do just fine, but I've always got that "what if" in the back of my mind.

2009-07-09 3:44 PM
in reply to: #2274029

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2009-07-09 3:49 PM
in reply to: #2274029

Extreme Veteran
St. Louis, MO
Subject: RE: Hi from St. Louis, MO
Welcome aboard!  I, too, am in St. Louis and am familiar with the So. County Tri......the swim will be pretty straightforward.....back and forth in a decent pool.......transition will be in a corner of the pool parking lot.
Decently run, small scale race.  One  note of caution,  on the bike be sure to stay right to allow passing and to also give you room to pass.  Open roads that can get a bit crowded.

Otherwise, fast and fun!!  Enjoy!
Paul
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi from St. Louis, MO Rss Feed