General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sign up vs. Volunteer - HELP! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-14 2:40 PM

Subject: Sign up vs. Volunteer - HELP!
I have a dilemna on my hands. I am scheduled to volunteer for IMWISC in September at which point the plan was to sign up for the 2010 race on site. However, I have to be back at work on Monday and won't be able to stick around until Monday to sign up. So, I am thinking about just signing up for IMKY on-line and just volunteering at Wisconsin.

I guess my first question should be: Is volunteer signup on Monday as well or is it the day before like the current year athletes sign up?

Any opinions?

2009-07-14 2:42 PM
in reply to: #2284887

User image

Subject: RE: Sign up vs. Volunteer - HELP!
volunteers have alwasy (AFAIK) been the day after
2009-07-14 2:47 PM

User image

Expert
Chandler, AZ
Volunteer sign up is on Monday. The process starts early in the morning around 0530-0600, so you should have time to make it into work.
2009-07-14 2:54 PM

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member

On-site registration for non-participants is Monday.  I think they have an express line for volunteers over those who are just on-site.  Current participants can register on Saturday, before the race, for the next year. 

Is IMKY selling out or do you expect it to sell out?  IMCdA is still open (3+ weeks).  Last year, it sold out within the week (but it doesn't sell out as quickly as Moo/LP/FL/AZ do).  Moo might be the same way (selling out in a day or two instead of hours).  You could try to register from work (isn't that why they have high-speed connections?? )  or enlist someone you trust to register you online with the community fund slot as a backup. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sign up vs. Volunteer - HELP! Rss Feed