General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » SC Newbie & FL Newbie Brothers Training 360 miles apart Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-14 8:35 PM

User image

Master
Mt Pleasant, SC
Subject: SC Newbie & FL Newbie Brothers Training 360 miles apart
Hello

I have been here for about a week or so.  I am Kevin from  Mt. Pleasant, SC  ( Just across harbor north of Charleston).  I have been a bike rider for about 4 years and last year I got a nice mid-level road bike.  Last year after getting the hang of road biking I wanted to turn everything up a notch and start working towards a triathlon.  Well running last year was cut short by plantier fastsomething with my right heel.  Now a year latter I went to visit my younger brother in Gainesville and complete an 80 bike ride.  My brother & I started talking about training to a sprint triathlon somewhere in Florida as an event we could do together.  Well our schedules did not work out but we both drew the line in the sand & signed up for our first sprint triathlons.

He goes first down in Florida on 1 August & I go on 16 August here in Charleston.

So we train by ourselves by keep tabs on each other through IM and this website.

We are trying to coordinate a race we both can be in together.  We are talking about another race in late August but I am concerned about turn around time after my first race. I think I will need longer than 2 weeks to be ready to race again.

My brother is younger by 3 years and maybe 80 pounds lighter.  I will be a clydesdale for for the rest of my racing days.   I am 50 years old  6'5" and right now about 260 pounds.  I guess this is my midlife fling!

its good to be here.

Kevin 

Edited by b2673ad 2009-07-14 8:37 PM

2009-07-15 8:40 PM
in reply to: #2285724

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: SC Newbie & FL Newbie Brothers Training 360 miles apart

Welcome to BT and triathlons!  I lured my brother into the sport and onto BT a few years ago.  He and I have raced head-to-head 3 times now (2 tri's and a 5-mile running race).  It's so nice to finally have the edge (he smoked me all the time in HS). 

No need to train alone.  Look down below for the state thread.  You may find some other BT'ers in your area or doing the same race as you. 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » SC Newbie & FL Newbie Brothers Training 360 miles apart Rss Feed