General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRX and the Triathlete. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-20 6:33 AM

New user

Subject: TRX and the Triathlete.
Hi folks, and greetings from a rather unusually sunny Scotland today.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience of using or, indeed, has any good Trx training routines that they do.

I'm a fairly recent convert to TRX. From a personal trainers background, a lot of what I've studied and learned has been based around weights, but over the past year or so I've been pretty taken by the more full ROM and the fact that there's no external loading on the body.

However I'm really keen to find out what other people, are doing with it, especially those who are gearing their workouts to achieve results in multisport.

For my part, I'm doing about 3 -4 20-25min sessions a week, of varying intensities, but all trying to get a good full range of controlled movement through the joints.

2009-07-22 6:34 PM
in reply to: #2295309

User image

Extreme Veteran
Jakarta Selatan, Unknown
Subject: RE: TRX and the Triathlete.
I think its a great device to body weight training.. it's working on your balance and core muscle. I see a lot of swimmers uses this thing on their training.. I'll probably gonna use it some time
2009-08-09 11:26 AM

User image

I have always loved lifting weights, but am trying to move in a new direction and get into triathlons.  For me, lifting weights seems to increase muscle mass to a point where it might be more harmful than helpful in these events.  I bought a TRX suspension trainer and absolutly love it.  It's great for core strength and muscular endurance but I don't want to leave the weight room entirely.  Does anyone have ideas or workouts to incorporate weight lifting with the TRX and not bulk up?

2009-09-02 2:55 PM
in reply to: #2336748

User image

Elite
Hendersonville
If you don't want to bulk up, try working with kettlebells. They are GREAT for triathletes in that they really work your core and your posterior chain and you won't add mass.
As far as the TRX goes, I don't use mine very much anymore but they used to have a bunch of videos on their website with Jessi Stensland demonstrating a lot of good moves for triathletes.
2009-09-15 7:38 PM

User image

They do have alot of great videos and alot of great new products. I use TRX in my training as well as with my clients. Check the link in my sig its a direct link to there sight.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TRX and the Triathlete. Rss Feed