General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Philly Training Partners (Center City) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-07-21 9:40 PM

Aspen
Subject: Philly Training Partners (Center City)
Hi guys and girls,
I'm looking to connect with some other triathletes in Center City Philadelphia. I need some people to train with throughout the week and the weekends as well.
I'd like to get a group together for a weekly track workout at Franklin Field (UPenn).
I'd also like a group to ride and swim with as well.

Any takers?

-Chris

2009-07-22 8:23 AM
in reply to: #2300490

Subject: RE: Philly Training Partners (Center City)
I am definitely interested! I live right outside Philly (Cheltenham) and would be able to meet up most weekends. I am training for this year's NYC marathon so crossing training is of the essence! Unless I quality for Boston in this race, I am aiming to start in with triathlons in the spring of 2010.
2009-07-22 10:08 AM

User image

South Jersey
I'm interested too! I live downtown, and currently do most of my training in Center City and in Fairmount Park. I currently train alone, but would LOVE to have people to train with! I'm doing tri's and some short running races this summer, and am also gearing up for a marathon (CHicago) this fall! 

I've been wanting to add track work into my schedule; is Franklin Field open to the public? Also, where would you want to swim? I currently swim at my gym (Sweat) in Center City (and try to do the OWS in Wenonah when they have them)
2009-07-27 9:47 AM

Aspen
Hi Kristen and Caraleigh,
Thanks for the replies. My wife and I are up for a workout whenever you are. It would be great to get a group together in the city.
I'm not sure if Franklin Field is open to the public... but thats the only track I know of thats close to my house. Do any of the city High Schools have tracks?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Philly Training Partners (Center City) Rss Feed