General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Covington Century Ride for Youth : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-07-31 6:44 PM
in reply to: #2320486

User image

Master
Woodstock, GA
Subject: RE: Covington Century Ride for Youth : Official Thread

ATLsbr - 2009-07-31 6:07 PM Does anyone know if they are doing the free bike tuneups?  My bike is not falling into the gears all the way and is especially bad on the 2nd ring.  I did a 33mile yesterday and had to stay on the 3rd chain ring most of the time (even on the bad uphills).

Do not hold me to this, but I think there will be a mechanic tent at the start.  The website says that they will have mechanics at the rest stops, but I would be surprised if they have them at all of them.  They didn't the last two years.  Seems like last year they did.  I am not a bike mechanic, but I piddle with my bikes some.  I would be glad to look at it if they are not at the beginning.  I will be wearing a Cookie Monster bike jersey.  A group of us will meet up around the registration table.  You are welcome to ride with us at the start if you would like, but I think the cutoff for the 33 mile ride is around 10 miles.

Edited by nealphelps 2009-07-31 6:45 PM

2009-07-31 8:28 PM
in reply to: #2309469

Regular
Thanks man, but I think I'm going to skip out on this ride.  I had waaaay too many suprise expenses come up this month.  Between forgetting my motorcycle insurance ran out and renewing it, a piece of car glass going into my brand new $250 rear motorcycle tire, killing my cell phone of 2 years in a puddle, and some other crazy expenses I decided to just save the $40 and lick my wounds for the month of July and just ride around my area (which would actually put me close to the race).

I think I'll just train hard for the 3gap fifty.
2009-07-31 9:47 PM
in reply to: #2320776

User image

Master
Woodstock, GA

ATLsbr - 2009-07-31 9:28 PM Thanks man, but I think I'm going to skip out on this ride.  I had waaaay too many suprise expenses come up this month.  Between forgetting my motorcycle insurance ran out and renewing it, a piece of car glass going into my brand new $250 rear motorcycle tire, killing my cell phone of 2 years in a puddle, and some other crazy expenses I decided to just save the $40 and lick my wounds for the month of July and just ride around my area (which would actually put me close to the race).

I think I'll just train hard for the 3gap fifty.

Sure, but if it is just the $40, I would not worry about it.  You can do the thirty mile ride without using the rest stops anyway.  It is a public road and no one cares.  If you change you mind, look us up.  If not we will catch you another time.

2009-08-01 8:31 PM

User image

Veteran
Macon, GA
Great ride today. This was my favorite century by far. Very well supported, just enough hills and great road conditions. Will make sure to put it on the schedule again next year. Good seeing everyone this am!
2009-08-02 7:07 PM

User image

Master
Mt Pleasant, SC
Hello

I enjoyed my visit to Covington, GA this weekend.  The overcast weather at the start of the ride was a welcome sign of things to come.  I skipped the first two rest stops so I could get back in front of all the riders that we speeding past me.  RS3 was a welcome sight when I got there.

I had Neal ride past me me twice and we got to meet in a passing type way.  The hills were hard for me but I handled them.  Not flat tires or falls and only one lost water bottle.  My max speed was 38 mph on a downhill sprint.

I will be back next year and hope to do the 80 or 100 miles.

Kevin 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Covington Century Ride for Youth : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 3