General Discussion Triathlon Talk » cyclist doing push ups on the sidewalk...WHAT?! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2009-07-30 7:58 AM
in reply to: #2314006

User image

Regular
SW VA
Subject: RE: cyclist doing push ups on the sidewalk...WHAT?!
meblack - 2009-07-28 8:16 PM So I saw something really weird today on my way to work that I just had to share (I actually had to do a double take)...I was driving by and I see a cyclist down on the sidewalk...his bike off to the side...doing PUSH UPS while the light was red...in his helmet and gear and everything

I find this really weird...is it really necessary to do this? can't you just wait till the light turns red?

It also tells me that this person is really into showing off and is desperate for attention....weird, weird, weird....

This doesn't make jogging in place at a read light seem weird at all...actually pretty normal.

What do you think?

Alright, hang on a second... anyone on this forum calling anyone else weird is --- well out of line.  I mean if you are on this forum then you are a person who at some point will likely be standing on the shore of beach/lake/rives in neoprene and latex next 500 other people dressed the same way and very likely to have brought items like "gu" gel"body-glide" and have marker writing all over your body... weird is a perception, careful as ye judge

I am doing an "urbanathlon" in October and part of my training includes interval sets of push-ups, pull-ups, squats, lunges etc... I try not do them say right next to the road but the whole point of the training is to practice going through obstacles when you are tired.

All I'm sayin is WHO cares what anyone else thinks anyone else looks like you shoulda shouted "ten more" when you saw him :P   but hey, thats just weird!

2009-07-30 8:28 AM
in reply to: #2314006

User image

Champion
Henderson NV
Subject: RE: cyclist doing push ups on the sidewalk...WHAT?!

I am jealous that you are doing a "Urbanathon" mcnasty...dang that looks like (weird) fun.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » cyclist doing push ups on the sidewalk...WHAT?! Rss Feed  

of 3