General Discussion Race Reports! » Lake Logan International Triathlon Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Lake Logan International Triathlon - TriathlonOlympic

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Canton, North Carolina
United States
Set-Up, Inc
67F / 19C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 06m 30s
Overall Rank = 110/148
Age Group = 40-44
Age Group Rank = 25/30
Pre-race routine:

Alarm didn't go off. Grabbed a couple TLC bars and ran out the door of my cousin's house. Drove, half blind, with fogged windows to unfamiliar destination at Lake Logan. Arrived at 6am sharp (yooheww). Saw Leighann (2nd place) and (Ashley, 4th) and explained I didn't have a full wet suit. They said the water was 67 degrees. OMG! The coldest I've ever swam is 76 degrees. OMG! I almost rented a wetsuit from those guys who rent wetsuits. OMG! $50! Nevermind! I sucked it up. A shorty will have to do. Saw Dale, wow, never thought I would see Dale!
Event warmup:

Ashley gave me some warming gel and told me I should get used to the water before my wave started. GREAT ADVICE! Swam around the dock for about 10 minutes or so.
Swim
  • 37m 43s
  • 1500 meters
  • 02m 31s / 100 meters
Comments:

Paniced within the first 300 becuase the wetsuit was so restrictive and had to hold onto the lifeguard canoe. THAT SUCKED becuase he made me feel guilty. "I'm worried about your group" he complained. It drove me to finish the swim. Was probably 2 minutes slower becuase of it.
What would you do differently?:

I would mentally prepare for the wetsuit and definitely secure my nylon pull strap so it doesn't get caught around my arm 5-6 times. The burn was fierce on my arm.
Transition 1
  • 03m 23s
Comments:

My transition was slow. I did jog to transition but took my time once I got there.
Bike
  • 1h 23m 32s
  • 24 miles
  • 17.24 mile/hr
Comments:

Bike was beautiful. I didn't feel like I had enough steam though. I felt weak on the bike today.

Train more.
Transition 2
  • 01m 49s
Comments:

Tranisition was fine but I ran with my shoes after dismount and had to change socks at transition. Bad.

Run with shoes and keep same socks.
Run
  • 1h 00m 6s
  • 6.21 miles
  • 09m 41s  min/mile
Comments:

Enjoyed the run up and even talked most the way with a fellow athlete. I really didn't kill myself here. Just looking forward to the run downhill. I picked it up at 2.5 and left my friend, but still didn't get the sub-1hr that I wanted. Oh well. The course was great. I really didn't have much left at the end.

Stop talking and get more serious...Maybe.
Post race
Warm down:

Ate a litte pasta and apple and couple cookies. It may have helped a little with the after-race-headache and overall brain-deadness.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Not mentally in race mode. Paniced in water with wetsuit. Not strong on the bike.

Event comments:

Loved, loved, loved the beauty of the venue! Would've wanted more lifeguards so that dude would not have given me a hard time when I stopped in the water. However, I definitely want to do this race again just becuase of where it is. Amazing!

Last updated: 2009-08-02 12:00 AM
Swimming
00:37:43 | 1500 meters | 02m 31s / 100meters
Age Group: 24/30
Overall: 30/148
Performance: Below average
Suit: shorty
Course:
Start type: Wade Plus: Shot
Water temp: 67F / 19C Current: Low
200M Perf. Bad Remainder: Average
Breathing: Below average Drafting: Bad
Waves: Navigation: Below average
Rounding: Below average
T1
Time: 03:23
Performance: Average
Cap removal: Average Helmet on/
Suit off:
Yes
Wetsuit stuck? No Run with bike: Yes
Jump on bike: No
Getting up to speed: Average
Biking
01:23:32 | 24 miles | 17.24 mile/hr
Age Group: 26/30
Performance: Below average
Wind: Little
Course: Not crazy but one big hill toward the end. The course overall seemed safe with some minor potholes. Loved the 2-3 major downhills! Absolutely beautiful course. Almost distracting it was so beautiful.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence:
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Average
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
T2
Time: 01:49
Overall: Below average
Riding w/ feet on shoes Good
Jumping off bike Bad
Running with bike Good
Racking bike Average
Shoe and helmet removal Average
Running
01:00:06 | 06.21 miles | 09m 41s  min/mile
Age Group: 28/30
Performance: Average
Course: Slight grade uphill the entire half of the run. The asphalt is angled and not flat most of the way. Very shaded.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Average
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 3
Good race? Ok
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time?
Lots of volunteers? No