General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » 09 Blue Seventy Helix Large FS and a 2XU Elite Medium Solid Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2009-08-04 4:56 PM

User image

Master
Guilford, CT
Subject: 09 Blue Seventy Helix Large FS and a 2XU Elite Medium Solid
I have too many wetsuits due to my quest in finding the perfect fit.

Both of them have been used just a handful of times.

The Helix is in perfect shape and I used it for 1 sprint and a couple of OWS.
The 2XU suit had the zipper pop off but no tears or anything.  I just have to reattach it.  I used it a couple of times in Bermuda and a couple of times in the sound and it's been sitting around for a couple months.

They fit me, but not perfectly, so I ended up getting a DeSoto speedtube and speedvest because I hate the sleeves and would only use them in really cold water.  I'm also shrinking a little and figure by next year if I go back to full sleeves during the colder water season I'll need a different size anyway.

Anyway, if you're interested PM me and make an offer.  I'm in CT, but can ship if needed.

2009-08-06 3:35 PM
in reply to: #2328056

User image

Regular
Marlboro, NJ
Subject: RE: 09 Blue Seventy Helix Large FS and a 2XU Elite Medium Solid
acumenjay - 2009-08-04 5:56 PM They fit me, but not perfectly, so I ended up getting a DeSoto speedtube and speedvest because I hate the sleeves and would only use them in really cold water.  I'm also shrinking a little and figure by next year if I go back to full sleeves during the colder water season I'll need a different size anyway.

Can you share your height and weight so have general idea of fitting?

thanks
2009-08-07 6:09 AM

User image

Crosby
What kind of price are you looking for?
2009-08-07 10:43 AM

Aspen
Any pics? wondering about the zipper on the 2XU?
Thanks
2009-08-11 1:16 PM

User image

Master
Guilford, CT
Sorry for the response time lag.  I haven't been checking this thread.  Make sure you PM me if you are interested so I see it.

The Helix is SOLD.  Shipped today for $265 for what it's worth (good deal to the buyer in my opinion).  I wasn't out looking for top dollar, just figured I'd unload it for a good price to someone who needed a suit and hoping karma comes back when I buy wheels...

My height is 5' 9" and hovering a little under 190 as of right now.  I was a little over 220 in January when I started training (first year doing Tris).  So, as you can imagine, my body shape has been changing a little the past few months.

The Helix large fit me but was probably a little too big, except in the shoulder and arms where it probably fit close enough.
The 2XU fits everywhere but my shoulders and arms, where nothing fits me because I'm freaking huge (that was a joke).

I've lost a couple inches in the shoulders and arms and a few in the waist over the past few months, but in general, I'm just going with Desoto because it's like buying suit separates and I can make it work for me.  I'm going sleeveless at the moment because I like the arm/shoulder freedom it gives me, which is just personal preference I guess.

As far as the 2XU suit goes, I'll get some pics of it and the zipper.  I guess I could probably just fix the zipper, but I just haven't bothered with it at all to be honest.  I'll take a closer look tonight. 
I guess $200 +shipping is what I'd sell it for. 

damn, wrote a book....sorry, it happens when you type fast and are streaming consciousness as you type...
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » 09 Blue Seventy Helix Large FS and a 2XU Elite Medium Solid Rss Feed