General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #4 : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2009-08-07 7:23 PM

User image

Master
Mt Pleasant, SC
Subject: Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #4 : Official Thread

Hello

I am heading into my last week of training before I race my first SprintTri.

I see the bike route was slightly changed. Any effect on the race last week?

I live in MT P and was planning to leave for the park at 5 am and it should be 40 minute drive.  Is this early enough to arrive for a fist timer?

Any tips?

Kevin

2009-08-10 9:30 AM
in reply to: #2335174

User image

Veteran
SC
Subject: RE: Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #4 : Official Thread
The bike course was changed before race #3.  They added an extra section inside the park on the first loop around the lake, but they took away the extra loop you used to have to do before coming in to T2.  The bike is actually a little shorter the web site reports 12.7 miles for the new course as opposed to 13 miles for the old course.  Arriving @ 05:40 should give you plenty of time to get set up.  Good luck! 
2009-08-10 10:54 AM
in reply to: #2335174

New user

Subject: RE: Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #4 : Official Thread
Congrats on signing up for your first.  Charleston Race #1 was my first, well organized and fun.  I raced #3 also.  Bike route change is really insignificant until the end where I felt it was a less congested in race #3 with the ones that were already running.  Its a fun and great race.  I arrived around 6ish for both races and had no trouble with lines or with getting a fairly decent transition spot.
Hint:  be a little careful getting out of the pond, that mud can get a little slippery.  Other than that, have fun and enjoy.  Good luck.

Jp
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Charleston Sprint Triathlon Series - Race #4 : Official Thread Rss Feed